Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2005 Boxster S only suspension mod is PSS9's.

approx. 1.5" drop F/R

Also running H&R spaces 15mm (F) and 18mm (R)

Looking for some feedback per attached alignment.

A few things just based on my research in this forum:

- Front/rear camber difference is at 1.5, it looks like the safe/recommended number is to be approx at a 0.5 difference for front vs rear. Will an additional 1.0 degree really make such a difference in understeer, unless on a really aggressive track run?

- Shouldn't left/right camber be similar, what is the effect with this setup?

I'm no expert on alignments but it looks like the main focus on this setup was toe settings to keep unever tire wear at minimal.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
I am no expert either, but 1 degree difference between front right and front left camber seems wrong. The toe has definetely been improved. With the previous toe you would have been chewing tires quickly.

Anybody else with more alignment experience chime in.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I agree that this is not a good alignment; - not even for running ovals clockwise. Left front and right rear cambers seem okay; right front is too little, and left rear is too much.
I totally agree. In fact, this alignment is so bad that I would ask for a full refund and go elsewhere. I don't know how anyone could send a car out like this with a clear conscience. I would stay away from this shop.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Really appreciate the feedback, I had a feeling it wasn't right too. I'm going back there tomorrow to complain, hopefully get a full refund.

Is there a valid reason why left/right camber would be so off? I did adjust the coilover heights myself however measured and the car is relatively balanced.

Just want to be somewhat prepared if they try to give some BS line etc.

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.