Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm seeking the assistance of a board member in the Austin, TX area to perform a scouting mission on my behalf. I've found what appears to be a nice '07 CS at a small (non-Porsche) dealer in town, but I don't want to shell out the $$$ to make the 1600 mile trip from The Great White North until I know whether this is a car worth pursuing.

If there are any board members that wouldn't mind doing this, please reply to this thread. I know that time is extremely valuable these days so although I'm not sure exactly what I can offer in return, we'll definitely work something out.

This thread hasn't been updated in years so I didn't post in it for fear of no replies.

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
where is it? name of dealer? color? options you want? do you want the local Porsche dealer to do a PPI?
unfortunately can't send a PM and don't think you can either until you get 10 posts (silly site rules)

·
Registered
15 Posts
my only contact with him was years ago about an nsx on his lot, but he's been at the same location for at least 15 years, if that matters. i'm typing with my left hand because my right arm is in a sling following surgery , but i may be able to get out there later on this week.

jD

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my only contact with him was years ago about an nsx on his lot, but he's been at the same location for at least 15 years, if that matters. i'm typing with my left hand because my right arm is in a sling following surgery , but i may be able to get out there later on this week.

jD
Appreciate it! Hope you have a speedy recovery. Don't strain yourself for my sake.

I will be in Austin on 4/10 and could have a look for you if no one else is available. Let me know..
Thanks. Keep an eye on this thread seeing as I can't do the PM thing with my account quite yet. I'll keep it updated.

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
make a few more posts, seven (7) to be accurate
I expect to pass by that place tomorrow and have asked another member to go by as well

you might want to make a post about Atlas Gray
and then one about the wheels
and then another one about any issues with 2007 model year, etc
etc
etc

Appreciate it! Hope you have a speedy recovery. Don't strain yourself for my sake.

Thanks. Keep an eye on this thread seeing as I can't do the PM thing with my account quite yet. I'll keep it updated.

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
great day for a drive in Austin and good opportunity to get the yellow beast out and see all the gorgeous wildflowers
I spoke to Richard, didn't ask to drive it

car appears stock except for the Borla exhaust
Richard said it was a local owner, 20,082 miles on the car as it sits
pollen is out so car needs a shave and a bath
paint looks excellent, only saw one minor blemish above the left rear hip
tires are Continental, about half tread remaining, maybe less
warranty still good depending on in service date for 30,000 or however many months remaining
I got one of the first 07s (Sep 06) and my car has over 50,000 miles so warranty is gone but would still have 6 months remaining based on in service date
has Bose, no Nav
Richard said they have original window sticker which would detail all options
speaking of detail, after the car is detailed I think it would look showroom new (only some very minor paint swirls)
I've replaced the front spoiler lips and rear mud guards (the black plastic pieces in front of the rear wheels)
this car had no curb rash on the front spoiler lips and very little on the splash guards (may have been dirt)
car is Atlas Gray, you can't get a new one in that color unless you order paint to sample, it's a very pretty color
interior is standard black (I prefer full leather) and looks great
there are a couple of minor impressions (dents) in the parking brake handle, hard to describe but since it's leather you can see it as imperfections
the colored console is nice, but looks like it needed a little cleaning and polishing
I didn't see any show stoppers, they just dropped the price to 39-something
with several months warranty remaining, and a good pre-purchase inspection, think you've got a nice one
hope someone else can drop by depending on your timetable and give you a second opinion

I'm seeking the assistance of a board member in the Austin, TX area to perform a scouting mission on my behalf.

This thread hasn't been updated in years so I didn't post in it for fear of no replies.

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
p.s. I took my camera but didn't see a need to take a picture of anything
plus, with all of the pollen, pics wouldn't look good anyway, think you get the drift from pictures on their website
no curb rash on the wheels and didn't appear to have a clear bra
didn't see any dings on the front bumper, lots of rocks on the roadways here

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Papa,

Many thanks for taking the time to preview the car for me. I was trapped at work until just before midnight last night and didn't have a chance to check on this thread. Your review covered more than I expected. Very descriptive. Great job! I think that this car is worth seeing with my own eyes. Now comes the interesting part of travel planning...

I'll fluff my post count and get in touch with you via PM shortly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There have been no documented 'safety-related' complaints against this model year although a Boxster owner reported a case where his clutch pedal would not return from the engaged position.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.