Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I am having a dilemma, I have just come across a 2012 Maserati GranTurismo Sport, it's only got 7700 miles, silver paint, black leather with silver stitching, semi-auto flappy paddles, not-one-scratch, for an unbelievable price (a friend is selling due to he is expecting his 3rd child).
My dilemma is that I only have a 2 car garage and I don't want to get rid of my Cayman S or put my wife's AMG out in the cold & rain. My wife say's it's either the Cayman S or the Maserati, any reasons I should keep the S, she's been great to me!
I think a new wife may be in order!

What are your takes on this situation?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I swapped cars with my friends Maserati this summer at the top of the Beartooth Pass, after I left him a good ways behind climbing the mountain in my Cayman S. The road had straightened out to allow me to fully experience the power of the engine. Impressive power, gorgeous car, but didn't feel like a sports car, rather a luxurious gt cruiser. Large, heavy, beautifully appointed, great noises, acceleration, somewhat numb steering feel. I think you would want a good mechanic nearby who is familiar with the marque. Tires are notoriously short lived (somewhat a function of the temptation to always unleash all that power). But you won't see many on the road if that is important.

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
A long time car guy who I know from cars and coffee just sold his Maserati and is looking for a Cayman. He knows cars, and enjoys them. He liked the Maserati, but in the end said much what tagnew said above. Unless you can't go through life without owning a Maserati once, or more, then I'd stick with the Porsche. It's about your pleasure, so go with your heart.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Do you want to drive a luxury car or a sports car?

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Maybe rent a storage unit, drive them both and decide after a yr which one steals your heart.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Two VERY different cars. They drive heavy and big......grand tourer not a sports car at least in my POV. Also, maintenance costs are a significant consideration. Love em but they do not fit my specification.

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
I have driven the Maserati, also a Ferrari, they are beautiful cars, but they are not as much fun to drive as the Cayman in my opinion, and make Porsche ownership seem cheap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts