Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A dealer I have been working with has notified me that he has found a 2009 Porsche Cayman, for which the warranty has not started. It has a MSRP of $56,635. This is well above what I want to spend ($45k or so), but given the discounts some have gotten on 2009s, thought I would ask what might be good reasonable price for the car. The sales rep has been referred to me by one the president of one of the companies in the organization I work for. The rep is working hard for me, and do not wish to tear down the relationship by way of a low-ball offer. The rep is asking where I need to be price wise on the car. I am looking for a fair price that would be considered a good deal.

Porsche Cayman (2009) Std.
Meteor Gray paint
Boxster II 18" wheels
Universal audio input
Bluetooth
Heated seats
Self Dim Mirrors/Rain Sensing Wipers
Wheel Caps w/crests
Floor mats
Sound package
Spoiler lips in exterior color

Thank you.

- Phil

·
Registered
444 Posts
2 months ago I bought a new 09 CS (full warranty & no milage) with an MSRP of 75k for 61.5k so I got it for 18% off sticker.

So yes....start with 20% off and they might knock it down a little. Regardless, these discounts are great and eventually people will be lucky to get much them once things turn around for the economy and demand overtakes supply!

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. Even though this car is not exactly as I would like, I suspect you may be right, in that the days for great deals may be numbered. That said, I probably can not afford to be choosy on a new car, if a new car with a heavy discount is already stretching the limits of what I am willing to pay.

One thing I do want is the clear bra, which is shockingly expensive ($2379 at local dealer for full front coverage). Do the dealers make a profit on this? If so, perhaps I can work that into an offer.

- Phil

·
Registered
380 Posts
Dealers make a profit on everything they do. For something like a clear bra, you can do far better from an independent shop with a good reputation.

There are a few '09 Cayman around - find exactly what you want and then be prepared to deal and dicker. Its your money and you should buy the car you want to live with for a while.

·
Registered
187 Posts
One thing I do want is the clear bra, which is shockingly expensive ($2379 at local dealer for full front coverage). Do the dealers make a profit on this? If so, perhaps I can work that into an offer.

- Phil
There was someone here that had their entire car wrapped for $4k, so I imagine you can do better than what the dealer is offering.

These guys are supposed to be good, and I think they're a sponsor here: Premier Protective Films

I would buy as little as possible from the dealer beyond the car. The rest can be had for less elsewhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts