Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can any Cayman "S" owner provide me with the following:
1) Height of the "S" emblem (height: dimension) on the trunk.
2) Thickness of the text (with or without the adhesive strip in between the emblem and the truck).

I need this info for a custom-made emblem and my car is 600 km away at the dealer. Therefore, your help would be really appreciated.

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I already contacted Eric, he cannot do custom emblems! That's why I need the dimensions in order to use it for the one I am working on.

I only need the height of the "S" and thickness. The width of the custom word will come automatically from the height. Therefore, I'd be grateful if someone can go out to his car and measure it for me.

Come on Planet-9 members... where is that spirit of helping your fellow members? :(

-- I already got the "turbo S" to replace the "Cayman S" on the rear trunk. But I am now custom-making "550HP" emblem to be installed on the lower side of the doors similar to the GT2 RS.

=> Therefore, I need:
1) Height?
2) Thickness?

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
the "c" in cayman sticks up from the paint 3 MM
God bless you for you came to my rescue!

I guess this means 2mm for the letter + 1mm for the adhesive strip behind it. But anyway, I'll leave that to the fabricator to judge.

Now I need the height of the "S" letter in a right angle with the base line (since the Cayman S letters are in italic).

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hassan,

I measure 43 mil.

Bret
Bret, I owe you one... a big one!

The fabricator needed this info before mid-night Hawaii time in order to ship it to me before his one week leave. And therefore I couldn't sleep (my time now is 3:30 am). You rescued the whole thing :banana:

God bless you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.