Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
*I realized after I hit submit that I spelled "Deciding" wrong. Sorry!*

Hey guys,

As some of you may have seen in my other thread, earlier in the day, I am in the market for a Porsche Cayman. Some stuff came up and I was able to back away from my original purchase, so I'm browsing again. I won't be able to buy one immediately, but more knowledge is better so I can figure out what to buy when time comes.

Currently, I have two models I'm looking at.

981 Cayman S

https://porschelarchmont.com/invent...New+York+2014+Rhodium+Silver+Metallic+1135105

981 Cayman GTS

https://sewickley.porschedealer.com...Sewickley+Pennsylvania+2015+Guards+Red+857590

Price is the obvious difference here. I look at the GTS and what it comes with, along with the options, and when compared to the S, it's almost a no-brainer for me to go with the S. Then again, I'm not the expert here and willing to listen to those who have come before me.

Thank You for the help!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Don't overlook the base (non S).
If not tracking and street use only then it is more fun than S/GTS since you get to stay in higher revs and hence better aural delight. Base 981 + PSE + 6 speed with the colors you like maybe all you need. Probably cost $45k max saving another $10k over the S.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Do you have to have the car now? If no, I would wait until late Sept and pick up a GTS for low 60's. This is not the time to look for a sports car, from now until Sept is the most expensive time to buy a sports car, dealerships are not willing to budge much on price. I know this is the time everyone looks for a sports car because of the nice weather but it's the worst time for deals.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can definitely wait until September or later. I am not in a rush, trying to do my research and figure out what's best. Looking at base Cayman's as well, as long as they're CPO and have options. Trying to get the best value for the price.

Upon further review, the red GTS is definitely not CPO, I thought it was because it was on Porsche's pre-owned locator, but I forgot to click "CPO". I found a CPO one for $71k but luxor beige interior is not for me.

·
Registered
737 Posts
While this may not be the best time to be buying, make some offers anyways.

As a reference, my 2013 Boxster s cpo, with 24k miles, went for $48k. It has pdk, sport design wheel, and a host of creature comfort options.

A nice perk for buying a 2013 is that it will be up for its 4 year maintenance work, which must be done to cpo the car. I got brake flush and new spark plugs as additional bonus.

·
Registered
108 Posts
This is not a Cayman GTS but found a PDK BGTS listed at $64 but can probably get for $61-62K.

2015 Porsche Boxster 2dr Roadster GTS | eBay
Thanks Ynot, I contacted them.

Since I've started my search, more BGTS'S have hit the market. I think this trend will continue.

I'm going to have to get to one close to me to test drive. Going to test drive a 718 well. I'm worried my driving style is more suited to the 718 as I have never driven a car at high rev levels, not to say I can't just would be something new. This will be my daily driver in NJ so I want something fun.

Rippey

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Thanks Ynot, I contacted them.

Since I've started my search, more BGTS'S have hit the market. I think this trend will continue.

I'm going to have to get to one close to me to test drive. Going to test drive a 718 well. I'm worried my driving style is more suited to the 718 as I have never driven a car at high rev levels, not to say I can't just would be something new. This will be my daily driver in NJ so I want something fun.

Rippey

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Good luck, like I said before, car hunting is part of the fun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.