Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
A friend recently purchased a 2013 Panamera GTS with 66k miles. She’s been having some problems. She’s worked with two independent shops with no progress. Before she takes it to a Porsche dealer, it would be great if she had some idea of what she’s dealing with. Has anyone experienced anything similar to what she describes below:

About 3 months ago I began hearing a crunching sound coming from the right front wheel well. I would only hear it when I drove over a speed bump. Several weeks later my car would not start. The lights would go on but the engine would not start. After a couple of attempts to start it, it would come on. It would drive fine once it was on. After about a week of that happening I tried to turn it on and the gear shifter would not move. I ended up having to tow it in and they changed the module for the gear shifter. I picked the vehicle up and again I was having the trouble of it not turning on. I brought it back and they said it was fine.

It will turn on but takes many attempts to do so. If I turn it on and start driving at a slow speed the car will automatically turn off and the steering wheel will lock. I have to put it back into park and restart it. This happens daily.

I decided to take it to another location. They hooked it up on a computer for 7 days and said that they were not seeing any misfires. They also looked at the stabilizer bar and said that they did not see any issues with it and that it looked fine but that they could not tell where the crunching sound was coming from

·
Registered
124 Posts
Search other forums with more activity for Panamera's. With regards to the crunching noise, it is from the suspension bushings when it is cold. Not necessarily a problem, if the bushings are still in good condition. If the car is Porsche CPO, it may be address under warranty?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts