Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
718 Enthusiast
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will be my first Porsche Cayman purchase. Been searching for a while. Car is very clean. Price seems fair to me (still planning on negotiating) but looking for expert opinions.

2014 Base Cayman
14,669 Miles
Asking Price: $41,500

Original MSRP: $68,990.00
2 previous owners and a clean AutoCheck history
Exterior: Amaranth Red Metallic
Interior: Standard Interior in Black

Optional Equipment

250 Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
400 19" Boxster S Wheels
603 Bi-Xenon headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
671 Voice Control
844 Multi-function Steering Wheel
P06 Power Sport Seats (14-way) with Memory Package
P9B Premium Package i.c.w. Power Sport Seats (14-way)
P9G Infotainment Package with BOSE® Surround Sound System

Reactions: RickH

·
Registered
74 Posts
seems like a pretty good deal to me provided a PPI checks out.

·
718 Enthusiast
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The car is being sold by a Toyota dealer. Where's the best place to get a PPI, a Porsche dealer? What should I expect to pay?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Not sure about the cost. You can use a genuine Porsche dealer or a reputable 3rd party shop. I have been quoted rates of around $150 - 180, which is good value in my opinion.

Make sure you get in writing what has been done by the dealer to the vehicle. Oil change? New tires?

Critical things:
1. How frequently was the car punished, read, hit the rev limiter? Over-revs are indication of a hard life
2. Check the service history; when were the oil replacements done? More often, the better.
3. How fatigued is the suspension? A nice drive at 60mph is not likely to pick up any suspension wear (can you take it over 100?)
4. How thick are the brake discs?
5. How long has the car been sitting there? Did the dealer take a car that has sat still for 6 months, and do the bare minimum to get it to drive?

·
Registered
703 Posts
The car should have a little warranty left(4yr from in service date), so you can get some things fixed if necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
I used the Pcar shops website to search for independents near dealers then called them to discuss what is to be done. There are some good videos on the process on you tube. In CT they will start around $350 with dealers looking for $600. For that the will access the DME look at over revs, not real important on a PDK car, and trouble codes. Most will open the oil filter some even lab test a sample and possibly measure paint thickness. This would be after a complete walk around and inspection on a lift. Learned a lot on the web that allowed me to filter out a few potential cars before I spent good money on a PPI.

Reactions: lajoiedp
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.