Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After some poor brake performance at the track a few weeks ago, I decided to upgrade the brake pads and the fluid. Have changed pads on a previous car with no dramas and read through the articles section on changing fluid and pads, it looked easy enough so i thought I would do it myself.

Pad change was no problem and the fliud replacement seemed to go ok, except now my brakes have no pressure at all. I drove the car in my car park, it hardly stopped and there was a grinding feeling coming through the pedal when i really pushed hard, basically when the pedal was on the floor.

I bleed both nipples on each caliper, in the correct order, then did it again, it made no difference. I cant seem to work out what is wrong. Would really appreciate some advice.

·
On Probation
582 Posts
can you get a high pedal when you pump it up ? will it stay high or does it sink ?

·
On Probation
582 Posts
will the pedal hold psi or does it sink ? go back over your work and make sure the pads are correct then rebleed with a power bleeder

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for your help.

I rang my independent porsche mechanic, said he'd come around after work and check it out for me.

I showed him what i did and he basically said the "one man brake bleed kit" i bought to pierce the nipple was letting in air and that i was better off using a plastic tube to cover the nipple completely. We bleed them again and problem solved. Brakes working fine.

But get this, when he finished I thanked him greatly for coming after work (this was about 8 at night) and told him to send me the invoice and he said dont worry about it, all part of the service. I couldn't convince him otherwise.

That's what i call great service.

I'll give him a plug even though there are only a few aussies on this site, if you're in Victoria, NINE PLUS are well recommended.

·
On Probation
582 Posts
a happy ending...and thanks for getting back on the fix

·
Registered
465 Posts
It may be a good idea to show you're appreciation by dropping of a six-pack of something next time you're in the area.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts