Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm picking up a CS at Henessey Roswell next week and driving it back to Canada. I'm planning to do a little running around the mountains before settling in for the long haul back north. What do you think about taking #19/129 and either branching off on 165 back to I75 or possibly following 129 all the way up? I've been in the area before in my Lotus but didn't spend a lot of time exploring, looking forward to input from people that are lucky enough to live so close to those awesome roads

Thanks
Tass

·
Registered
620 Posts
From Henessey I would - take 400 north until it ends. Turn left, follow hwy 19 through Dahlonega and continue north. Once it intersects with hwy 129, turn left (north) and the going gets good. Follow this north (when you get to the top of the mountain you may want to turn around and do it again). Once satisfied, continue north on Hwy 129 and after roughly an hour you will go through the "tail of the dragon". North of that you're on your own. Enjoy!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'll check it out

Tass

From Henessey I would - take 400 north until it ends. Turn left, follow hwy 19 through Dahlonega and continue north. Once it intersects with hwy 129, turn left (north) and the going gets good. Follow this north (when you get to the top of the mountain you may want to turn around and do it again). Once satisfied, continue north on Hwy 129 and after roughly an hour you will go through the "tail of the dragon". North of that you're on your own. Enjoy!

·
Registered
10 Posts
While enjoying the Dragon, be aware of the police. They have been tough lately. Also, there has been some clean up construction near the TN border, due to another rock slide.
Caio!

·
Registered
502 Posts
While enjoying the Dragon, be aware of the police. They have been tough lately. Also, there has been some clean up construction near the TN border, due to another rock slide.
Caio!
We took a cruise up to the dragon a few months ago with about 15-20 cars...but have no idea what police you are talking about.

*Cough* Dom *cough* Tony *cough*

·
Registered
50 Posts
I go from Atlanta to Philly once or twice a year. Assuming your headed for Eastern Canada, you might want to consider going up the Blue Ridge Parkway. It's a really nice ride, but watch for cops and deer!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts