Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I have just received all the part of the Willwood System hidden hitch for my '06 Cayman S. I have read all the threads here about proper installation of the hitch. My request for help is because I cannot personally do this work and the shop in town that was recommended to me (Marque Motors) will not do this job for me unless they have some contact information for people who might be able to help out during the installation process.

Is there anybody on this forum who has successfully installed the hitch — and ESPECIALLY the wiring part without getting warning lights — who would be willing to have their name & number available to the mechanics for consultation during the installation process? If so, please post here or contact me via PM or email (autox(at)elizabethbacon.com).

I live in Portland, Oregon and am also glad to get any referrals to local shops that might have this expertise already. I wish I had another pair of hands to do the job in my own garage; I've successfully installed a wiring harness on a '99 Miata but right now I just can't take it on myself.

Thanks in advance for your attention. Please consider sending this thread to your friends-in-the-know as I'm hoping to get the work done pronto before an upcoming distant autox event! :burnout:

Cheers,
Liz

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
check your email

·
Premium Member
177 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Barry & Mark! Your assistance appreciated, I'll check those shops out. Unfortunately I won't be able to make the next ORPCA autox because we've got a little family vacation to Lake Tahoe lined up. Very sad because it'll be weeks before the next event. Have fun!

Cheers,
Liz

·
Registered
184 Posts
I used the same wiring BillC shows in his article. His article is more than enough information to do it correctly.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As far as I can tell, BillC's install was for the other Cayman hidden hitch system, the one from Mike Foxtrot. I can't actually make the old link for BillC's posting resolve any longer (it was at http://www.planet-9.com/reviews/showproduct.php?product=285 and I can't find it by searching in the Modifications forum either) though I think I did read it awhile back. If anyone can find a working link that would be great!

Can you possibly confirm, Jmazz, that with a 5-wire to 4-wire converter your wiring worked fine? I haven't acquired the trailer wiring harness yet and this is the last piece of the puzzle. Besides the getting it done, of course!

Cheers,
Liz

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
THANKS, Jmazz! That's great info and now I'm on the hunt for that TowReady trailer light power module system.

FYI for Portland locals, both Matrix Integrated & Stuttgart Autotech were a lot more chill about considering the project than Marque Motors was.

Cheers,
Liz

1 - 10 of 10 Posts