Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost my pdk recently in Summit Point. The car had to be towed back. The Porsche Dealership says I need a new transmission due to "Vehicle has fault for transmission shift rod 2 not being seen" There is no damage in the wiring or control module. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Uzi. PS I cannot afford a new transmission and possibly not even a second hand one

·
Registered
857 Posts
There is a PDK failure thread on this board (you’ll have to do a search to find it I think). Most people have gotten some amount of goodwill from Porsche, but not all.

I have not seen anything about third-party rebuilds yet. Perhaps someone else can chime in.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Did you lose all gears in the failure or just half (2d, 4th, 6th, and 'R or 1st, 3rd, 5th, and 7th)? If one of the electronic actuators in the valve body fails, you will typically lose only half the gears. Fix for this is a new valve body (control mechanism) since the electronic actuators are not sold separately. This control module runs about $2k plus installation costs. Expensive, but not nearly as costly as a complete transmission replacement.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts