Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have installed a PCM 2.1 in my 06 Boxster S. I have had it programmed at the dealer so the navigation prompts would show up in the gauges, and that works good but I have lost the ability to have the name of the songs playing or radio station RDS info. I use to have a 05 987 with a factory installed PCM and I'm pretty sure I could have the navigation prompts showing on the upper line of the gauge cluster and the radio or CD info on the lower line of the gauges. I can still select MPG, AVG, or remaining miles on tank. I just do not have any audio options other than the navigation info.

Can someone with a PCM 2.1 tell me if it is possible to view the navigation info and the audio info in the center gauge display unit at the same time or at least one or the other.

I have an appointment at the dealer for a two year service and it would be nice if I could have the radio reprogrammed at the same time.:thanks:

·
Middle-Aged Porsche Punk
997 Posts
When you select the nav info in the center gauge unit, you can't see either the audio information or the time.

I have installed a PCM 2.1 in my 06 Boxster S. I have had it programmed at the dealer so the navigation prompts would show up in the gauges, and that works good but I have lost the ability to have the name of the songs playing or radio station RDS info. I use to have a 05 987 with a factory installed PCM and I'm pretty sure I could have the navigation prompts showing on the upper line of the gauge cluster and the radio or CD info on the lower line of the gauges. I can still select MPG, AVG, or remaining miles on tank. I just do not have any audio options other than the navigation info.

Can someone with a PCM 2.1 tell me if it is possible to view the navigation info and the audio info in the center gauge display unit at the same time or at least one or the other.

I have an appointment at the dealer for a two year service and it would be nice if I could have the radio reprogrammed at the same time.:thanks:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

I have looked at my settings some more and in the navigation heading there are the options for (intergr. in BC) or at (turm-off), I think if you set it for (at turn-off) only that you could have the (Centr. displ.) show the audio info and have the lower show your fuel economy and when the navigation sends a command it would switch the display to show the upcoming turn info.

In the B.C menu under (Centr. displ.) I only have two options (Remain. range) or (empty) I think there should be a audio option. if someone could verify this I would really appreciate it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts