Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to Boost HP to a 1999 C4, but concirned about engine stress. I heard that this engine has had trouble. When I got the car the engine had to be replaced. I dont want trouble with the new engine. Any ideas?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sorry, but you are out of luck unless you want to replace the ECU and engine with a 2004 set up. Cost--more than the car is worth. I had a 99 Carrera and liked it very much. Light and adequate hp for my tastes.

Do not waste your money on exhaust, air filters, etc. You will probably lose hp. You may want to contact Softronic about a flash. Please dyno the car before the flash and after to see if it did any good. I have not used their product.

I have always done any mods and tuning on/with a dyno. Dyno the car for a baseline and add mods one at a time. There is no other way to see if the changes did anything. In my experience they rarely do any good. I spent
$x,000 for an exhaust for my Porsche race car and after three tries the manufacturer finally got me 10 hp. That is a lot when it comes to racing. And that is the real world: Much money for very small improvements. On a Porsche street car the cost vs. reward is just not there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts