Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am evaluating a 987 in Ruby Red Metallic from long distance. I really hate Burgundy in general, but this color looks quite beautiful.

So my question is this... what do you folks think of this color? Especially those of you that have seen it in person? Does it trend more to red or Burgundy?

Thanks!

David

·
Registered
33 Posts
It is a beautiful color and much more rare it seems than guards red. I had a guards red one and I loved it but it was much more flashy than ruby which is arguably more classy. It looks like a dark maroon(burgundy not red) most of the time unless you really blast it with light then it gets lighter almost with an orange/reddish hue

·
Registered
107 Posts
This thead is useless without pictures.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
While it sure is pretty I am passing on this color. As my wife says too feminine for me. If I could see it in person I would probably change my mind...

Thanks for the advice.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
I am sure someone loves this color, I do not like maroon colors the one thing that makes it look worse is the interior color.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Looks like my wife's Lexus RX350. She likes the color.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I buy and sell Porsches as a hobby and had an 09 Ruby Red Boxster for sale 2 yrs ago. To me, it's a great color. Classy not flashy, as flat6ftw said. It will change colors in low light. I had someone who really wanted to buy it, but his wife nixed the purchase because of the color. Happy wife, happy life, I guess.

I also owned a Carmine Red 06 Cayman S that was my personal car before I bought my Signal Green Cayman S Sport. It was a great color and I always got compliments on it. There was a period of time before I got the Carmine Red Cayman sold that I had three Porsches - the orange Boxster, the Carmine Red Cayman, and the Signal Green Cayman. When I got the Carmine Red Cayman sold, my sister commented that I'd sold the prettiest of the three. She might have been right.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am evaluating a 987 in Ruby Red Metallic from long distance. I really hate Burgundy in general, but this color looks quite beautiful.

So my question is this... what do you folks think of this color? Especially those of you that have seen it in person? Does it trend more to red or Burgundy?

Thanks!

David
If you have not already found it, you might want to peruse the PCA Color database: Rennbow Porsche Color Wiki | Porsche Club of America Color Wiki

There are many owner supplied photos of each color allowing comparison in different lighting situations.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It appears you ended up buying the white car in Denver—Mind sharing where this red one was located?

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 986S is Guards Red, but I'd buy Ruby Red in a flash. It looks spectacular in sunlight, and it's fairly rare. And there's nothing "feminine" about it--it's not pink, after all!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Wow, you are lucky to have found this, such a great color combo. This is a rare combo and definitely more special than the sea of boring gray/black/silver Cayman from the 987 generation on the market. I mean if you can find Blue that's even better...but it depends how long you want to look and not drive.

While it sure is pretty I am passing on this color. As my wife says too feminine for me. If I could see it in person I would probably change my mind...

Thanks for the advice.

View attachment 266961

1 - 14 of 14 Posts