Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fun week last week. I passed someone right before the road I was on was going to lose a lane. No issue and I would have had no impact on the guy's world at all. But because I passed him,he sped up to prevent me from being ahead and came (from behind) within an inch of the side of my car. Since I was the one losing the lane, I slowed down so he could pass me. A couple blocks later we waits until the last minute to make a left turn (so he had no need to get in front) and slammed on the breaks. Also no issue except that he was driving with some crazy road rage. I easily stopped without activating ABS or screeching the tires. Once stopped I heard tire screeching, I started to move up but a 16 year old girl behind me wasn't paying enough attention and slammed into me and then I hit the guy in front.

Last time I needed work I used the 1 recommended shop from State Farm and wound up selling the car since I always had issues with the car after that and the dealer I traded it in at said it was the worst paint job they've ever seen. soooo, I would like to use a porsche community recommended shop. I have some reco'ed names from years ago but I understand things have changed since then with those shops. thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had good results with D&V Autobody in Sterling when someone T-boned my 981 GTS in 2017. They have two shops - one for regular and one for higher end autos. And sorry to hear about your ordeal - good luck!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm D&V wasnt even on my radar, I'll check that out. thanks. Im in alexandria so hopefully there's a way to get a rental car from there.

secondary question. I'm not used to dealing with insurance claims. The person who re-ended me did hit my stock porsche exhuast which worries me. I'd rather any mechanical work be done by the dealer. Do I get the body work done then head to the dealer after that or am I expected to let the body shop do all of the repairs?

·
Registered
847 Posts
hmm D&V wasnt even on my radar, I'll check that out. thanks. Im in alexandria so hopefully there's a way to get a rental car from there.

secondary question. I'm not used to dealing with insurance claims. The person who re-ended me did hit my stock porsche exhuast which worries me. I'd rather any mechanical work be done by the dealer. Do I get the body work done then head to the dealer after that or am I expected to let the body shop do all of the repairs?
Talk to them about it of course, but every body shop I have ever dealt with has coordinated with a dealer for repairs outside of the bodywork (when needed). They are your one-stop shop to get your car repaired (think of them as your general contractor). Just tell them who you want to do the work.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
D&V is terrific. They work on all sorts of high end vehicles in the shop near Dulles Airport. As to using the dealer for the exhaust - why. The body shop probably has more experience and will use stock parts.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Im in alexandria so hopefully there's a way to get a rental car from there.
I'm pretty sure you can pick up and drop off an Enterprise rental there. Arrange the rental in advance with the insurance company of the girl that hit you. If you need a certain class of vehicle for business reasons, you should be able to get upgraded from the usual junk.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts