Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My white Cayman GTS is arriving Late July.
i am planning to install full front clear bra.
did some research and it seems Xpel Ultimate has best reviews

can someone recommend me a good installer in the LA / Irvine area?

i checked prices and it seems back about 5-10 years, full front cost $800-1200, and whole car around $2000
but i got quote today and one is $1900 front and $5000 whole car, and another is $2500 and $6500
has price increase that much in the past few years?
what would be a reasonable price ?

and what i should be looking out besides to make sure they wrap around the edges?
and will the color be different after 7 years if i didn't wrap my whole car?

its my fun car, that i will not be driving it everyday, but planning to track the car about once a month.

thank you for your help.

·
Registered
57 Posts
yuxinhong,

Congrats on the Cayman GTS! Those are amazing cars to drive. Porsche’s are in the top 3 of vehicles that we protect day in and day out. With front ends as low as they are, it’s best to cover the entire front end as you mentioned in your post.

You’re on the right track, half the battle with paint protection film is finding a great installer. There are many out there in your area and if you choose to go with XPEL films you can find a list of them at this link. XPEL DEALER LOCATOR

Regarding the price increase. Technology has allowed paint protection film to come a long way even in the last 4 years. Films are better than ever, and so are the pre-cut patterns used to install them. XPEL ULTIMATE, for example has a self-healing top coat and is warrantied for 10 years against yellowing.

As labor rates vary by market and installation facility, it’s tough to give an exact price but we’re happy to give you a range of what to expect.
- For the full front end: this includes the full hood, front bumper, full fenders, and mirrors. $1,895 - $2,195 +
- For the full car. This varies based on size of the car and material used. With XPEL ULTIMATE, typically it’s between $5,000 and $8,000. A larger vehicle or more time spent removing things to wrap edges could increase this price.

As I mentioned, we protected a lot of P Cars. With a few extra steps, it’s easy to make installs more seamless than ever. So be sure to ask for…
- Headlight removal so that the film can be wrapped in the headlight housing. Porsche makes this incredibly easy by providing a tool in the kit in the front trunk that lets you remove the headlight in under a minute.
- Emblem removal when possible. The Porsche crest on the hood comes off very easily. With that removed they can install the film and then reinstall the crest over that for a seamless hood install.
- As you mentioned already. Wrapped edges. This can be done via pre-cut patterns, or bulk installation.

With XPEL ULTIMATE, and most modern films, you don’t have to worry about the color of the unprotected surface being any different than the protected surface.

Hope this info helps, let us know if we can answer any questions or help you locate an installer.

·
Registered
490 Posts
XPel is my recommendation. I have the entire (981 Boxster) car done except doors, quarters and trunk lid.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I recommend Sean at Ultimate Shield in Orange.

Did my GTS (full front clip, roof, rockers, rear spoiler, all with wrapped edges).

Excellent work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts