• Matte Black

Votes: 7 38.9%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello every1,

I'm planning to do a vinyl wrap my complete car. Need some advice on the color. My current color is black/black. Was thinking of matte pearl white or matte grey or matte black. Too many color options actually.

Would you really appreciate some advice from all the other cayman drivers.

Thanks guys.

Cheers
ali

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Do you have any pictures you can post so we can make a more educated suggestion?

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
I have seen pictures of matte black on cars, and it looks pretty nice - kind of a stealth fighter look. I wonder though, how hot it would get in your climate.

I don't think I have ever seen a matte grey, but I would be afraid that it just looks like a primer coat on the car. I would probably vote for the matte pearl white if it were up to me - but color choice is really a personal thing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Wow, thanks for the amazing response guys. Well i have attached sample pics of the color options. the full car wrap will cost me approx 3k usd

the matte pearl white is exactly as you see it on my iphone. just that i cant get a good picture of it...

the cayman is pretty much stock at the moment but am looking to install techart front and rear spoiler and a tpc turbo kit in the coming months.

heat is not a big factor here as long as the car has been wrapped correctly.

Just feel like falling in love with the cayman all over again :)

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
I don't care for any of them. I think the whole matte thing is a fad and will die soon. Luckily if it is a wrap it can be removed easily.

·
Premium Member
3,552 Posts
If you know somebody with 'need for speed: shift', you can have them paint up a gen1 cayman in all of the colors you'd posted.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I liked the matte pearl as well but then the others are good options considering the fact I will have it on for atleast a year.

I'm buying the nr auto gt body kit as well.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
well, I voted matte black, but I'm very interested in how the other colors look in matte, and why you are set on a matte finish?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I vote for the Matte black , but i would love to see how the matte pearl would look.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well, I voted matte black, but I'm very interested in how the other colors look in matte, and why you are set on a matte finish?
well i really want to try something different on the cayman. seen a lot of glossy and metallic colors on the cayman just want to make it stand out a little bit.... well i guess i might be going with matte pearl white. will post some pics here of a lamborghini gallardo and porsche cayenne gts currently being wrapped in matte pearl white ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i finally got some pictures of the lamborghini in matte pearl white. Not the best of pics but will def post better ones tomorrow.

Let me know what you guys think

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Ali,

There's a matt black 997 Carrera around that looks pretty good IMO, but I think matt black was something different, but now there are a few around, so would go with something else.

When are you going to meet up with us all? Have you seen there's a track day on the 8th January at the Yas Marina circuit with Porsche Club UAE.

Daniel :cheers:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
just a little better pic of the Lamborghini in matte pearl white. Hopefully the next one will be of the cayman ;).

@dunebasher: yea ive seen a couple of Porsche's with the matte black. I guess have to make the cayman a bit different. well for the Porsche event i am still not sure if i will be able to make it there or not but will def try my best. there's nothing as good as a day at the tracks.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I didnt vote since it was closed, but I would have voted for white too ;)

·
Registered
210 Posts
I've changed my mind after seeing pix of the Lambo. I say go for the white. Its different and looks clean.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts