Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

So it is that time again, I've been running some PS2's for the last 4 years/20,000 miles. They've been decent but they're quite an old design from my understanding, so before i replace like for like i wondered if you have any suggestions.

I will use the car purely for road use in dry weather mainly summer months. Whilst I don't intend to do much track driving if any, I would like tyres that perform well on the road.

I cant seem to get hold of any PS4's in my size (235/40 265/40), I've read these would be the logical tyre to go for but seems they dont do them in both of these sizes.

So i am here seeking your advice, what would you recommend?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Not sure what the tire market is like in the UK, but Michelin does make the PS4S in the 18” sizes for a Cayman. Perhaps consider the Continental Extremecontact Sport?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought Extremecontact Sports at 4wheelonline last May. This is my third set of Continental tires on my car. They have superb traction in the dry and wet. Cornering response is quick and smooth, although highway noise is a bit higher than Michelin but not offensive.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I would look at 255/35/18 f and 275/35/18's PS4Ss. A little bigger footprint, but balanced f and r as far as understeer/oversteer and roll center balance. These tires work very well in dry and the wet. The sidewall spring rate is low, so the ride is plush and quite. Braking is very good and turn in is good. These tires do work well with higher PSI as the sidewalls are soft.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts