Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Standard story: Been lurking (great site, so useful...) and finally bought my first Porsche...

a 2007 Boxster S, 6-speed, Arctic Silver, Cocoa full leather interior, Cocoa top, 19 Sport Design Wheels, Bi-Xenon, heated seats, self-dimming mirrors (etc). 3200 miles, CPO, formerly owned by a high net worth individual in the North East who has way too many cars and not enough time to drive them apparently.

Some interesting anecdotes about the purchase:

- I bought the car sight unseen. It was a great experience. Car arrived as described.
- Show Car Transport shipped the car and took twice as long as promised to deliver it. I was very disappointed in them, frankly.

I will one-up the 'this thread is worthless without pictures' commentary by offering the following (HD even) videos of the car's arrival:

Car Arrives:

First Glimpse

Unloading

Finally on the ground in Seattle

I am thrilled with the car. I'm having door panel surrounds and a rear center console in Arctic Silver installed tomorrow (thanks to Eric from Bumperplugs.com) and also ordered a Dension unit for Ipod integration, installing that this week.

What a great automobile. I love the Cocoa interior.

Jason

·
Registered
155 Posts
Jason,
Nice car! I live in Central Washington and bought a 2008 Boxster S back in March. I already have 2800 miles on it. I can't imagine how a 2007 only has 3200 miles. That's awsome. I love that cocoa leather. Here's photo of mine.
View attachment 9913

·
Registered
510 Posts
Entertaining clips! I almost had a heart attack when the guy backed it up to the edge of the ramp. Sooo glad he stopped. Porsches always look terrific in silver.

Enjoy it!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Welcome to the Boxster family! You got to try the Seattle PCA DE soon. We go all the time and their program is great!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Congrats on your car!!! I too just purchased an 07 Boxster S CPO in Artic Silver. Mine had the prefered package plus and standard black leather and standard 18" S wheels though. I replaced the side markers with clear (a must on silver cars).

My story was a little less happy when the car arrived. I too purchased site unseen, but the car arived with a lot of bumper chips / damage that was not described to me. I just got the car back last weekend from the local dealership having both front and back bumpers re-finished... Now I am a happy camper!

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
Congradulation on the new ride, arctic silver looks great on a Boxster S.
The Boxster S is a very rewarding sportscar, enjoy.:cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts