Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Having been an owner of a Cayman S (987.1) for the past couple of years I decided to move up the Porsche chain as it were and bought a 911 C2S (997.2). I've enclosed some obligatory pictures and needless to say I am obsessed with the thing already! There's certainly a noticeable difference in performance and the interior finish is a huge leap over the Gen 1 Cayman for sure.

It came with a healthy options list. The only thing I really miss and may have retrofitted is cruise control:

PCM 3.0
Bose surround system
PASM
Multifunction steering wheel
Sports chrono package plus
Park assist rear
19" black Sport Design wheels
Seat belts in Guards Red,
Sports hardback seats
Black leather
Porsche crest embossed head restraints

Heated seats

Extended leather
Universal audio interface
Telephone module

Only one thing is annoying me at the moment and that's the AUX input. I've plugged my phone in using a cable I had lying around and it shows as connected on the phone, but AUX is not an available option when I press Source on the PCM. Am I doing something wrong there?

The PCM is on version 'V' which I understand is the original v1.0. I'm going to book into OPC to get this updated to the latest v2.24.

Reactions: Arch

·
Premium Member
2,563 Posts
Nice......curious as to your personal decision points for the move from a Cayman to a 911. Not meant to challenge, but each of us has his or her criteria. Thanks, in advance, for sharing.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had considered a 987.2 Cayman, either an S or an R and looked at a couple. Overall, I just felt like a change and the 911 has always been a car I'd loved to have owned but could never afford without buying something dated or poorly maintained - neither appealed to me. My financial circumstances improved a lot in the last couple of months which meant getting a 997.2 was a cash option ..... one I couldn't resist :)

Reactions: michael818

·
Premium Member
2,563 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I was in a similar place but did the change to a Cayman R and now have a 981 Cayman. As I said, we each have a criteria.....appreciate and respect the path you followed.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
And the rear end has the GTS logotype... so you did move up into the 911 food chain. Nice ride!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Its a C2S for sure - according to the paper work anyway. The last owner added the side decals and GTS rear badge. The badge doesn't bother me - I know some people won't like it being incorrect, but its fine with me.

The side decals I'm undecided on. Going to see how I feel about them in a few months.

No cruise on this one - had it on my Cayman S and really miss it.

The car is absolutely mint, no scratches, swirl marks and immaculate interior. Guy before me had it in a heated garage, under a cover and only drove in dry weather ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone got any thoughts on the AUX issue? Does it show on your PCM when you press source, regardless of anything being plugged in?

·
Super Moderator
13,942 Posts
Its a C2S for sure - according to the paper work anyway. The last owner added the side decals and GTS rear badge. The badge doesn't bother me - I know some people won't like it being incorrect, but its fine with me.
:eek: OK, that's weird. Not sure why anyone would do that.

Cant help you with the AUX. I don't use the stereo.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Congratulations! Nice looking car. My advice is keep the decals.....they look good and match well with the black feet.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Nice ride....enjoy. BTW, it beats me why someone would order a Porsche with PASM, PCM, SC and other expensive goodies and not get whatever package includes cruise control. I honestly would have thought it would have been standard.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Congrats, red and black wheels work well together. I'd lose the gts badging and decals, but that's just my opinion. Enjoy the new ride.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the comments everyone. I'm going to live with it 'as is' for the time being and make a decision on the badging.

I sorted the AUX issue. I reset the PCM via the 'Vehicle Handover' option to wipe the previous owners addresses and other settings etc when I first bought it. What this does is set everything back to default, meaning that the AUX, iPod and USB options are missing when you press Source and need to be reactivated. To do this I had to insert a CD, hit Disc, then go into the Options sub-menu and re-tick each input. The crazy thing is, without a CD in the drive you can't get into the Disc menus to reactivate those inputs as the PCM simply tells you there is nothing in the drive, rather than switching screens.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Congrats!! From your third picture, it sure does look like a widebody, maybe it's the angle the picture was taken.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
to get you iPod to work on a 997.2 you need a plug like this, same for the 987.2. By the way awesome car!! I sold my Cayman R a few months ago and am really getting the itch for another Porsche sports car, My Cayenne alone is not doing it for me. I test drove a 991 C4 yesterday and I was hooked. All I have to do is convince my wife I need it.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Congrats!! From your third picture, it sure does look like a widebody, maybe it's the angle the picture was taken.
I agree in that one is does look like a widebody, but think its just to angle in that picture

Lift the engine lid, it will say "Carrera GTS" on the sill if it is in fact a GTS.
It says C2S on the door sills and doesn not have an alcantara interior either. Would've been nice to get a free upgrade!

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
I'm not biased towards the 986/987/981 like many members here, but butt to butt the 987 looks sexier.

Yet, what's better than having one Porsche is having two. Congratulations, enjoy both with long safe miles.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts