Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New PDK Turbo is compared to the R8 V10 and the Nissan GTR in this month's Evo Mag.

It manages to put down a Mclaren F1 rivalling 0-60mph in 3.2s and 0-100mph in 7.3s in the wet!

Video will be available soon and I'll add it to this thread.

Can't believe how much faster the car is with the PDK box and an extra 20bhp...

·
Sexual Philanthropist
1,001 Posts
And they still liked the GTR better.

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Looking forward in viewing the video.

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
I am also looking forward to the video. Anyone have a link to the article?

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
The magazines start downgrading Porsche when they get bored with the current model. The 911 replacement (991) rumors are all over the internet making even the phenomenal performance of the PDK Turbo passe since the basic 996/997 design has been around long enough to lose its novelty. By ranking other cars ahead of the Porsche the writers also can claim journalistic integrity. When the new 911 model appears it will again be extolled, the next Turbo will be declared king of the beasts, and cycle will begin anew.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
The magazines start downgrading Porsche when they get bored with the current model. The 911 replacement (991) rumors are all over the internet making even the phenomenal performance of the PDK Turbo passe since the basic 996/997 design has been around long enough to lose its novelty. By ranking other cars ahead of the Porsche the writers also can claim journalistic integrity. When the new 911 model appears it will again be extolled, the next Turbo will be declared king of the beasts, and cycle will begin anew.
I think you are on to something there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What does it take to get the guy in the passenger seat excited?!?! Maybe he doesn't realize that he's in the third fastest accelerating production car in the world behind the Bugatti Veyron and SSC Ultimate Aero. Or maybe he owns Bugatti Veyron so this is no big deal.

·
Caymaniac
5,655 Posts
What does it take to get the guy in the passenger seat excited?!?! Maybe he doesn't realize that he's in the third fastest accelerating production car in the world behind the Bugatti Veyron and SSC Ultimate Aero. Or maybe he owns Bugatti Veyron so this is no big deal.
:hilarious:

I am just like that guy. But not for the reason you think. I would sit there and drink in every ounce of the experience. Silently. That is how I am when I am riding with an awesome driver in a fast car around a track. :)

Afterwards, the celebration begins. Usually with a shaking of my head, a big grin and the phrase, "Are you ****ing kidding me?" LOL

My brothers car is somewhere near 750 HP. (997TT Gen I EVOMS Stage :eek:) I imagine that a baby thrown in the air experiences the same sensation of fear/exhilaration followed by laughter. Yet I sit silently and drink it in. :burnout:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts