Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! Recently picked up my first 981S and absolutely love it! I'm planning to return to the dealership to get a spare key soon and wanted to ask the experts here if a few things I noticed are normal for our cars. It is a 2014 CPO with 38k miles so want to address any issues while still under warranty. I searched the site and these are the things I still have questions about. Apologies if I missed a thread on the below.

1. Clutch hydraulics noise. Sounds like mice to me when I operate the clutch.

2. Shifting when engine turned off sounds "clangy" like I'm tapping a church bell with a small hammer.

3. Sometimes hear a pop or clunk from the right front control arm when reversing and turning the wheel to the right.

Thanks!
Derek

·
Registered
116 Posts
Welcome! You'll find a ton of fun stuff here for your 981 and get psyched for years of enjoyment.

Per #2, my 981 shifter is definitely a pleasing, metallic, and confident "bolt action" sound, but I don't hear any bell ringing on mine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for your input. Such a fun car to drive so far. For the shifting noise, it sounds clangy from outside the car when someone else is shifting with the engine off. Not sure if that helps.

·
Registered
305 Posts
This is totally normal. My Cayman S sounds cranky from the outside also. Have fun! Porsches all have their own set of unique noises.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 6 of 6 Posts