Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone. I just ordered a new splitter from Joe Toth. He's making these splitters for the 987 cars and from what I read on Rennlist, he makes them for several different models of Pcars.

I'm no way affiliated with Joe or his company but would like to share with fellow members/owners who might be interested.

You can search him on Facebook as well. Just search for: Joe Toth Composites

Below is a link to the Rennlist thread and his contact info:

987.1 Cayman splitter & dive planes - Rennlist Discussion Forums

I believe these are fiberglass.

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,631 Posts
Looks pretty nice. Should be effective with a good wing.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
I recommend Joe 100%.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I saw Joe's thread on Rennlist and then found that he's selling the first batch at a discounted price on ebay. Ordered one yesterday. Now I just need to come up with the money to buy diverdog's RS wing! :) shifterkartracer, did you already get the splitter?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw Joe's thread on Rennlist and then found that he's selling the first batch at a discounted price on ebay. Ordered one yesterday. Now I just need to come up with the money to buy diverdog's RS wing! :) shifterkartracer, did you already get the splitter?
Yes sir!

got my splitter on Monday. I'm planning to install it this Friday. I'll take photos. Its a great looking piece!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I got mine today! Removing the stock splitters took 10 minutes, installing the new splitter 5. I think it looks awesome!

I was worried about the curb height going up my driveway. Found the high spot!

But then my daughter sent one of her scientists to help me find the low spot! Plenty of room...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Looks great!

I just got Joe's carbon dive planes ... the quality of the carbon is wonderful, can't wait for the next DE event.

·
Registered
38 Posts
It looks even better in person. Very well made and fits perfectly without having to drill or modify anything on the car or the splitter.

Reactions: toddo

·
Registered
93 Posts
looks great, hope he finds a 987.2 volunteer soon. One observation, i think it would look even better if the lip was blended in a bit more as it goes towards the wheel arch. (i.e. didn't stick out so much). Maybe it looks different in the flesh? Front looks fantastic though!

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
looks amazing, makes me bummed that I scrape on everything already due to my parking garages!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hello folks. New to the forum. My name is Joe and I'm the one who made this 987.1 splitter. I'm an old guy who likes to mess around in my spare time. I started this whole splitter making thing by designing a piece for my car years ago and since have had requests to do other models. At present I'm between P-cars but planning is well underway and should have my next project by the end of the summer. If anyone has any questions or wishes to contact me, feel free my email is [email protected] or facebook "Joe Toth Composites" where there are pictures of most of the parts I make.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts