Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last two years I've had the Cayman, I've had to use makeshift newspaper bundles (six of them, 3 for each wheel!) as ramps to get in and out of my driveway.

I had an 8-inch drop between the lip of my driveway apron and the street surface. All my neighbors had SUV's and they didn't care. Every once in a while someone driving a normal car would go into their driveways without realizing the height difference and tear their bumpers off.

Finally this past week the city got around to repaving the road.

I have to say, I think the road level is high enough now to make it GT3 friendly if I back it in, what do you all think?? ;)

·
Registered
620 Posts
The cold repair asphalt they sell at Lowes/Home Depot in bags actually works pretty well. I would totally buy a few bags and build up a little ramp to flush.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Good idea but I'm going to wait a bit and see if it settles anymore. When we get rain, everything pours down that area. Last thing I need is for the water to jump up the sidewalk and towards the yard/house! :eek:

I wonder if I should seal the edge between the concrete and road. I see some loose bits coming out already! Who knows what it'll look like after a snowplow hits it.

The Cayman clears now so I'm happy and I don't need to inch out on makeshift ramps. Now with a GT3 lip... ;)

The cold repair asphalt they sell at Lowes/Home Depot in bags actually works pretty well. I would totally buy a few bags and build up a little ramp to flush.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I confirmed today that I can blast in and out of the driveway full speed in the G35 without scrapping the rear mufflers now. Tomorrow morning it'll be the Caymans turn to try!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts