Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

New Boxster Spyder owner

7K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  Ale_72 
#1 ·
Hi all,
I just purchased a (stunning) Boxster Spyder. Unfortunately I do not have any "nice" pic, except this.

I have lurked the forum but I would like to make sure I got everything right.

Bluetooth streaming
Is still the combo Y Porsche cable + ViseeO Tune2air WMA1000 the most effective option?

Water under LHD front passenger side
The liquid is clear, no smell, no taste, not oily, not brake fluid. I keep the aircon in "auto" all the time. Is that water coming from the aircon? Is there in any thread a clear picture of where the drain hose is? I understood that should be the case

Water drains in "sunshade" area
I already used a air pistol but I was not sure if I need to make some more "intrusive" cleaning. They seems to drain water decently.

Sport button
I have seen that Porsche offers, via tequipment, the possibility to install this aftermarket.
Is that really worth on a PDK car? I am not interested at the "launch control" option.

Side vents frame
Mine are pretty ruined (yes, he car was used on the track). I was wondering if there were better place to purchase them, in Europe, than from the usual Porsche dealer

Speed cameras
Is there any way to add them into the PCM 3.0? I understood that the system update and map update can only be done at dealer's place (always talking in EU)

Old good user manual in PDF and sunshade leaflet
a. I have found this nice website with the user manual on line, but is there any option to have it offline in a PDF? Table of Contents | 2009-2012 Boxster Manual | Porsche iManuals
b. Originally the car was coming with a small leaflet on how to operate the sunshade. Not that is complex, but I'd have liked to have it. Does anybody of you knows the PET code for that?

For sure other tons of questions will pop up to my mind but for now if anybody can help me on one or more specific points, it would be great.
Many thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi all,
I just purchased a (stunning) Boxster Spyder. Unfortunately I do not have any "nice" pic, except this.

Water under LHD front passenger side
The liquid is clear, no smell, no taste, not oily, not brake fluid. I keep the aircon in "auto" all the time. Is that water coming from the aircon? Is there in any thread a clear picture of where the drain hose is? I understood that should be the case

Sport button
I have seen that Porsche offers, via tequipment, the possibility to install this aftermarket.
Is that really worth on a PDK car? I am not interested at the "launch control" option.
I had water under the front passenger side carpet in my last 911, and discovered it was coming from a leaking windshield gasket...previous owner had tried to patch it (with assistance from dealer) but the permanent fix was a new windshield.

General consensus is that the Sport Chrono add-on (without the clock/wart) is worthwhile in a PDK car, but less so in a 6-speed. You'll get Sport and Sport+ modes, as well as revised throttle mapping, increased slip angles with PSM and launch control (that I have used once on our PDK Cayman S). Big bonus for many doing the post-build upgrade is that you DON'T get the clock/wart, which is cool for 10 minutes, then useless for the rest of the car's life.

#3 ·
First of all, thanks for the anwer.
I do not think it's a windshield leak since it was doing it in a sunny (but not warm) day, and in the previous days there was no rain whatsoever.
Regarding the sport, uhm... it's tempting since mine is PDK.

#6 ·
Old good user manual in PDF and sunshade leaflet
a. I have found this nice website with the user manual on line, but is there any option to have it offline in a PDF? Table of Contents | 2009-2012 Boxster Manual | Porsche iManuals
b. Originally the car was coming with a small leaflet on how to operate the sunshade. Not that is complex, but I'd have liked to have it. Does anybody of you knows the PET code for that?
The 2010 Boxster Owner's Manual is in the "Files" section.

#11 ·
Yes, I mean it took 4 min to my wife and myself to do it after having seen once a youtube video, so it's pretty straightforward. I guess that after two weeks in spring it can be done in 1-2 mintues while looking around.
As said, I just wanted to have all papers. It's like the

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.