Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last Summer (09) I purchased a new 08 Boxster. I had seriously considered a Cayman, but being old school I knew
that I wouldn't be completely satisfied unless I drove a roadster:cheers:
I've put 9,000 miles on the car so far, and absolutely love it's tight handling, the exhaust sound, and it's surprising
comfort... Two trunks is a plus also.​

My other car is a BMW 335xi, and I've got two motorcycles. In fact, the Boxster is the slowest vehicle in the garage,
but it's still a thrill to drive in the countless twisties near my 9,000ft elevation home here in the Rockies.

I made a wind deflector for the 987 and that has allowed me to ride top down in temps as low as 40f comfortably.

Wind deflector link...
http://www.planet-9.com/cayman-boxs...99-diy-boxster-wind-deflector.html#post444052

Here's a few pics of the car..... Best Regards, Tom

Near my home... North Fork / South Platte River

Echo Lake / Mt. Evans ...

Hoosier Pass ( Late Summer)

Hwy 126 near Deckers ... Why I drive a Boxster

Winterize.... Never !

The Pan European Fleet....

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
That is defiantly a garage for whatever mood and weather brings your way. Congrats and enjoy. Love the pics.

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Quite the collection you have going there.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I hate you :) I live in a congested city where the only pleasure is piloting my Cayman S to and fro from work, but the only twisties are the expressway ramps.

·
Registered
463 Posts
What gorgeous scenery. Like something on a picture postcard. I must ask, what can you possibly do for a living that enables you to live in what appears to be heaven, far removed from the nearest home and still afford those toys? People put up with all the **** that is NY because the pay (for the most part) is better than other parts of the country but you seem to have found it all. Kudos to you. Enjoy for all of us.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
what can you possibly do for a living that enables you to live in what appears to be heaven,
far removed from the nearest home and still afford those toys?
After retiring in 2002 , my wife and I moved to the mountains about 1 hour west of Denver on 10 forested acres,
and I've been skiing, motorcycling, kayaking / building kayaks ever since.

The foothill roads are great for riding bikes and driving the Porsche.

Here's a pic and video's on Hwy 126 / Hwy 67 near our house that I ride or drive several times a week.
This stretch of road is about 50 miles long and mostly all twisties. The good news is that after 50 miles, you can
turn around and ride home :) .... There are countless rides like this in Colorado.

http://www.yostwerks.com/SL1000R.wmv - Aprilia Falco on Hwy 126

http://www.yostwerks.com/Falco4Hwy126.wmv - Same stretch of road as pic below

Hwy 126.... Boxster

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Without a doubt, nice scenery and nice collection of toys (especially the Aprilia :dance:).

I can only hope my retirement is half as nice.

Congrats!
-Moto

·
Registered
109 Posts
Same color as my 'new' 2006. I love this car. Can't stop driving it. Like you I've got a couple of motorcycles, a Suzuki SV650 and a Yamaha FJR 1300. One of these days I'll get back on the bikes, but for now, the Boxster is just too fun. Not the acceleration of the FJR of course, but the tight cornering... Wow!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Same color as my 'new' 2006. I love this car. Can't stop driving it. Like you I've got a couple of motorcycles, a Suzuki SV650
and a Yamaha FJR 1300. One of these days I'll get back on the bikes, but for now, the Boxster is just too fun.
Not the acceleration of the FJR of course, but the tight cornering... Wow!
Great minds think alike :beer:

I had an 05 FJR. Nice bike, good power. I find that the Boxster is quicker than my bikes in the tight twisties, but not as
quick in the more open sweepers. Lots of fun either way. Tom

1 - 16 of 16 Posts