Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A question to anyone that has a car enroute to the US from the factory. The Porsche NA website showed my 2010 Cayman "completed Production" on 10 December. Nothing has been posted to update that status since. In addition to my Cayman, my local dealer has four other cars, Carerras and a Panamera in the same status for almost two weeks. Is anyone else in the same boat (no pun intended)? I know there is always a slow down over the Holidays but I have not seen this before. Original estimate was delivery around mid January but if it is still at the factory I would guess most likely early Feb. I have heard Porsche has slowed production which would translate to longer to fill a boat. Who else is waiting? Merry Christmas to all

·
Registered
6,829 Posts
First, the production computer system is notorious for not being even close to a "real time" reporting system. The reporting lags - sometimes by a week or more. It could happen that when the status shows the car "on vessel" it could be halfway here. Your dealer should know how unreliable the system can be - I'm surprised they seem baffled.

They could also be sitting waiting for a boat to be completely loaded before leaving. Since the price of petrol products spiked last year, boats are not pt n the water until they're full. Also, since there's less car being produced in Europe for the US market, it takes longer to fill the boats.

Sometimes the boats leave Finland, and then stop in Germany to pick up the cars built there. That will take time.

My guess in your situation - it's waiting for a boat to be completely loaded - it can take almost a week to load/unload one of those huge ships.

brad

·
Registered
6,829 Posts
From another thread - the computer codes for the production and delivery process:

For the lazy... here are the codes:

ACKNWL = Order acknowledged by PCNA
ACPORD = Order accepted by PCNA
MFGCNF = Assigned a Production Number
PLPROD = Vehicle is Planned for Production
PROD = Vehicle in Production
CMPPRD = Vehicle Completed Production
PRDLST = Factory Last Checkpoint
IMPINV = Vehicle Complete and Invoiced
ONVESL = On Vessel
IMPPRT = Vehicle at U.S. Port
PDI = Vehicle at Charleston PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection)
PDIFIN = Vehicle Finished PDI
INVSHP = Invoiced and Shipped to Dealer
DLRARR = Arrived at Dealership
brad

·
Registered
186 Posts
My car completed about the same time as yours, around the second week of December. I don't know about the website status, but I've been told that it should be getting to Dallas around Jan. 15 -- or a week later worst-case if it misses one of the boats.

Supposedly Panameras are being held up in port for some reason, but Caymans are coming through as usual. Here's hoping...

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For Brad you are right, I was just throwing that out. Interestingly today I got a call from the dealer that my Cayman is on the water paddling across the ocean.

For the Gentleman that asked about the Panamera hold-up, I undertand they have a key issue and it is being worked hard. So I may see the Cayman around the middle of Jan. That'a about the same time the body shop at my dealer said I may get the Cayenne GTS back from being repaired after being being rear ended last week. Thanks for the comments and Merry Christmas to all. Jack

1 - 8 of 8 Posts