Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased the softronic flash over the winter and have been loving the car with improved throttle response and what feels like a flatter torque curve and better pull. I just pulled the trigger on some catless headers, so do I need to re-upload my info to softronic so they can send me a new file, or will it automatically adapt? I am keeping the OEM catback for the next few months before I decide which catback system to match up to the catless headers. TIA

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I am 98% sure that you will not need to touch the flash, but Scott needs to validate. I guess you will know if you get a CEL.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool...i appreciate the quick response guys. Are there any software changes that would give me more power but updating the file to include the headers? Or will it not matter until i add a fullback system and plenum?

·
Boxster Enthusiast
1,774 Posts
I checked with Scott before I added my catless headers, you're good to go. The Softronic flash will show all 4 O2 sensors to the computer.
You will probably need to update the flash for a Plenum install.

·
Premium Member
3,969 Posts
cool...i appreciate the quick response guys. Are there any software changes that would give me more power but updating the file to include the headers? Or will it not matter until i add a fullback system and plenum?
I think you will want to get the version 4.1 if you have the plenum; you might want to check with Scott on which version to run for headers without a plenum.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I checked with Scott before I added my catless headers, you're good to go. The Softronic flash will show all 4 O2 sensors to the computer.
You will probably need to update the flash for a Plenum install.
Thinking of doing the same and going with a Softronic flash. Will the O2 sensors need to be left in the headers or can they be disconnected and removed? The catless headers that I'm looking at only comes with a single O2 bung per side and I guess that's where the O2 sensors that were installed upstream of the cat need to be fitted. What about the other 2 O2 sensors that were installed downstream of the cat?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.