Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

This past weekend, after much research on what kind of vehicle and which specific one to get, I purchased a 2007 Cayman. I had to fly half way across the country to get it but I feel like it was what I wanted and too good of a deal to pass up.

Thanks to everyone who contributes on here - the threads I found helped me to make my decision and have helped for me to better take care of and enjoy my Cayman that much more.

I can say that even after such a short time of owning it, I'm already confident that I made the right decision. :)

Thanks again,
Jason

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
Congrats and Welcome! :cheers:

If you're interested, there is a Cimarron Region PCA DE scheduled for the first weekend of May at Hallett - a great opportunity to get to know your car even better.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Hello everyone,

This past weekend, after much research on what kind of vehicle and which specific one to get, I purchased a 2007 Cayman. I had to fly half way across the country to get it but I feel like it was what I wanted and too good of a deal to pass up.

Thanks to everyone who contributes on here - the threads I found helped me to make my decision and have helped for me to better take care of and enjoy my Cayman that much more.

I can say that even after such a short time of owning it, I'm already confident that I made the right decision. :)

Thanks again,
Jason
Jason,

Congratulations, please post some photo's when you get a chance. I am waiting for delivery of a 2010 CS.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the club. I purchased a 2007 in the Spring and have loved every minute of ownership. I am itching to get it out for a spin since the weather has gotten a bit warmer up here in Ohio.
Post some pics when you get a chance and enjoy the new toy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, I will get pics up once the weather clears up and I can get her cleaned up.

She is a 2007 one-owner CPOed (warranty is good until August 2013 / 100K miles) black with a sand beige interior, 5 sp, 38K miles and well equipped IMO (18" Cayman S Wheels factory painted partial black with colored crest center caps, bose premium sound system, climate control, dual exhaust, heated seats, bi-xenon headlight package, clear bra on front and some other interior upgrades) for $30,550 out the door from the dealer (not counting my state taxes which come to ~$990).

While maybe I could've waited for a bit of a better deal to come along, it was the color combo I wanted and had all of the options I wanted so I decided to pull the trigger.

KS-CS - yes, I would be interested in that as long as I'm around (I have to travel out of the country at times due to my work). Where can find out more details? Thanks

·
Cayman Register Advocate
7,305 Posts
Congrats and Welcome! :cheers:

If you're interested, there is a Cimarron Region PCA DE scheduled for the first weekend of May at Hallett - a great opportunity to get to know your car even better.
Thanks guys, I will get pics up once the weather clears up and I can get her cleaned up.

KS-CS - yes, I would be interested in that as long as I'm around (I have to travel out of the country at times due to my work). Where can find out more details? Thanks
Check out this link: Welcome to the Cimarron Region

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
As Gator Bite said, check periodically in the Events/Calendar for info and forms here: Cimarron Region PCA

They don't have any info there yet, but they have the weekend of May 1-2 reserved at Hallett. They also run some autocrosses in Tulsa (when the weather improves) if you're in the vicinity, and interested. If you live in/near OKC, then you are actually in the War Bonnet Region; I believe they run some autocrosses as well (at the Sheriffs Training Center).

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
(not counting my state taxes which come to ~$990).
Sounds like a nice car and a good deal on the tax. Where I'm from, Cincinnati, the taxes would be $1985. Included in that would be $152 for the privilege of being the NFL's floor mat.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds like a nice car and a good deal on the tax. Where I'm from, Cincinnati, the taxes would be $1985. Included in that would be $152 for the privilege of being the NFL's floor mat.
I drove through Cincinnati on the way back to Oklahoma. Bought the car from Cleveland and picked up a friend who lives near me that was in Cincinnati for the ride back. The dealer told me that taxes were much higher up your guys' way.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As Gator Bite said, check periodically in the Events/Calendar for info and forms here: Cimarron Region PCA

They don't have any info there yet, but they have the weekend of May 1-2 reserved at Hallett. They also run some autocrosses in Tulsa (when the weather improves) if you're in the vicinity, and interested. If you live in/near OKC, then you are actually in the War Bonnet Region; I believe they run some autocrosses as well (at the Sheriffs Training Center).
I'll look into those points - thanks for the info.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jason,

Did you take the I 70/I 44 route? Not a lot of interesting country on that route.
Alan,

No, although I believe I was on I70 or I71 to get down to Cincinnati, after that we cut down through Kentucky, Tennessee and then Arkansas to get back.

Even without the most interesting country all the time though, it was still a great ride back. We were both very impressed with the feel and overall driving experience of the Cayman.

Did you by any chance buy the car at North Olmsted? That's where I bought my 07 Cayman.
No, I bought mine at Stoddard Porsche. The service was phenomenal, I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Jason,

Two suggestions. First is really study the owner's manual. Lots of nifty features inside. Like the passenger side mirror turns down when you select reverse (mirror adjustment in passenger setting)

And as soon as Spring arrives, suggest a mini-vacation. I understand there are some good twisty roads in East OK and ARK., MO. Drive safely and enjoy your ride. Ed

1 - 17 of 17 Posts