Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

After 2 weeks of long long waiting we - my wife and I - collected the CR today from a dealership c. 150miles away.

First pictures, car still in the dealership with summer tires and without licence plates.

image.jpg

Sorry for small pic, but I struggle with linking pics from my gallery here...

CR with PDK, bucket seats, Spyder rims, Sport Chrono, PCM and leather steering wheel, not Alcantara (I am personally happy that way). Cruise control was added on my request.

image.jpg

Dealer gave us a bottle of champagne, 2 key fobs, changed the summer to winter tires without charging and off I went (my wife took the sedan with the Spyder rims in the trunk)...

Car are is so much fun. Still honeymoon, plus wet Autobahn and temperatures around zero and brand new tires, so took it easy. But the high revving engine is a big difference to my previous supercharged Lotus. Bucket seats are much better than the Recaros in the Lotus.
And fuel economy is great. Averaged 90 mph, was later on often above 120 mph and hit 150 mph several times (which is the permissible limit in the winter tires) and still got c. 20mpg.

Visited friends who have a 987.1 Cayman in Black.

Car now washed (a lot of salt on the streets) and in the garage, will take it out tomorrow for some B road fun and to visit the parents. Note the licence plate :banana:

image.jpg

Rims are ATS Radial with Conti N-spec Winter tires:

image.jpg

A great car and look forward to modding it slightly and take it to the track next year.

Best regards from Germany
Sven

·
Registered
250 Posts
Have fun. I am extremely happy with both my Caymans.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Beautiful car. Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy my CR.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Big congrats, Sven, that is an absolutely beautiful Cayman R. The black is really bad-a$$, lol. Great license plate, too! You'll love the CR, it's a totally involving and satisfying driving experience. I'm completely loving my Meteor Gray CR after two years of ownership.

Best regards, -rick.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
5,836 Posts
You are living in the best country in the world to own a Cayman! Enjoy.

Over the years I have lived in Baumholder, Hanau, and Kaiserslautern. I miss Germany. :(

·
Registered
895 Posts
Congrats and great looking Cayman. Just brilliant.

And what fun it must be to be able to legally enjoy the Cayman at its limits without breaking any laws.

Eddie

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are living in the best country in the world to own a Cayman! Enjoy.

Over the years I have lived in Baumholder, Hanau, and Kaiserslautern. I miss Germany. :(
Sounds like US armed forces. Kaiserslautern area is great, close to France, twisty roads, fairly cheap to live there... But no decent jobs, except for US forces (my granddad worked for the U.S. Army till he retired and my uncle still works there).

You guys overvalue the Autobahn. Sure, going high speed is fun, but I like twisty B roads more and you have plenty (always enjoyed California and Colorado... but that was with a rented base-model Mustang Convertible, which is a fine car for cruising, not for serious driving).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts