Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

After several years of lurking and saving I’ve finally purchased a new to me, 2006 Cayman S. I’ve had several German vehicles in the past, but they all felt a bit big or lacking fun/personality for my tastes. Including a e92 M3 Competition, 2012 Golf R, 2015 Golf R, 2015 GTI, 87 325i (great car, just didn’t have room). She’s Arctic Silver over black, 6 speed, 30,600 miles, sport chrono, bi-xenon, Bose, power and heated seats, automatic wiper. The build sheet has listed 19” carrera S wheels listed but I believe she’s got Carrera Classic 19”s. Brand new Michelin Pilot super sports all around!

My current daily driver is a 2016 Fiesta ST, and I’ve got a 95 Miata for track/autocross duty. The Cayman is just for fun.

Excited to finally have a reason to post. I’ve included (I think) some pictures in the attachment section.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi slidemx5 - nice silver bullet - enjoy in good health!

nice car history you have...how does your Cayman compare to the other cars? any plans for modifications?
Hi,

Thanks! It’s hard to say yet, as I’ve only put maybe 300 miles on the car since Wednesday. The engine characteristics, as in, it’s power delivery, remind me a lot of the engine in my M3. I think the fit and finish of the Cayman is better, even on my “base” interior, though the M3 had extended leather and maybe slightly nicer materials in certain places.

I’ve really enjoyed the size and balance of the car thus far. No plans for mods, other than doing something with the shifter. There is some left to right play, which i’ve Read is normal, but it’s pretty...annoying. The rebuilt shifter I just put into the Miata is definitely a better over all action. I’m a little surprised by that.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.