Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I've been lurking for a while and bought my 2014 Cayman S a few months back, but I finnaly got it shipped to Germany where I am.
I got a manual transmission with Sport Chrono, X73 suspension, tinted tail lights, and had the dealer install PSE. I wanted to get a GTS, but it was very difficult to find one with the options and color I wanted. I also had considered getting an Alfa Romero 4C or a C7 vette of some kind, but for whatever reason I was set on the 981.

First impressions are good. Sounds awesome with the PSE, handles insanely around corners, and high speed stability is great. The shifter seems a tad bit big compared to other cars I've owned, I may look into getting a short shifter, but it is definitely a smooth gearbox. My only real complaint is there appears to be no way to digitally change from MPH to KPH, which is very surprising, all my other cars could.

Any hoot, glad to finally be a Porsche owner.

Attachments

Reactions: FlatSickx

·
Registered
90 Posts
Congrats on the new ride, looks great.

You should be able to change to kph, have you played with the settings in the multi function display. I swore I saw that option while looking through there or the manual.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats on the new ride, looks great.

You should be able to change to kph, have you played with the settings in the multi function display. I swore I saw that option while looking through there or the manual.
I went into "Car settings" and other various settings, never found anything to change it. Searched all over google and never found an answer except maybe a dealer can change it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I went into "Car settings" and other various settings, never found anything to change it. Searched all over google and never found an answer except maybe a dealer can change it.
Interesting, maybe I saw another setting then. Now I'm curious as to what I saw, I skipped over it since I had no need/intention to change anything to KPH, but now I want to go back and find out. LOL

·
Registered
90 Posts
So I was looking at the online manual and found this graphic:

If you look under vehicle > settings > units > it shows, speedo, temp, tire pressure and consumption.

I havent gone in there on my S, but I would think that means you can change the units for all those items in that spot. Maybe that will help.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I was looking at the online manual and found this graphic:

If you look under vehicle > settings > units > it shows, speedo, temp, tire pressure and consumption.

I havent gone in there on my S, but I would think that means you can change the units for all those items in that spot. Maybe that will help.

Thank you, sir! I was using the center console screen menu trying to find it. Didn't realize it's a completely different menu system from the instrument cluster, very confusing at first!

Reactions: jsykes and wagzhp
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.