Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would make it official and attach a few pictures. I am still breaking it in but I really love this car! I am a former BMW 335i coupe owner that ran the JB3 tune but the Cayman S really has a much better "connected to the road" feel.

This is a great site and I am really glad to be here!

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
i am liking the color of your ride... and the rims too... looks NISCHE (that's what my plate reads).

congrats and welcome

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,272 Posts
Congrats on the new car. Looks wonderful. Welcome to the site as well.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Welcome. May I suggest you really study the owner's manual as there are many nifty features to discover. I was discovering neat new stuff months after I got my Cayman S. Also suggest a mini-vacation to drive teh car. You will return smitten. I still am smitten. Drive safely. Ed

·
Registered
149 Posts
How does it compare to your 335? I will be coming from a 335 as well, but wanted to get your feedback on overall comparison.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all for the compliments! I have browsed the manual but as suggested I will take a closer look.

How does it compare to your 335? I will be coming from a 335 as well, but wanted to get your feedback on overall comparison.
Really a totally different feel from my 335i. The handling of the Cayman S is much more precise, the ride is of course a little stiffer and tighter and I am pleasantly surprised by the engine's power. The only time I feel a slight loss of power is from a 40mph roll but then again I was running the JB3. The PDK is a real gem especially with the sport button activated.

I swear, the Cayman is anticipatory in the sense that once you decide where you want to go, the car's reflexes are so quick that it feels like it is steering itself - If that makes sense.

The exhaust note is very nice but I am strongly considering an aftermarket exhaust.

I think I remember your name from the E90 Forum.

Dave

·
Registered
149 Posts
Thank you all for the compliments! I have browsed the manual but as suggested I will take a closer look.

Really a totally different feel from my 335i. The handling of the Cayman S is much more precise, the ride is of course a little stiffer and tighter and I am pleasantly surprised by the engine's power. The only time I feel a slight loss of power is from a 40mph roll but then again I was running the JB3. The PDK is a real gem especially with the sport button activated.

I swear, the Cayman is anticipatory in the sense that once you decide where you want to go, the car's reflexes are so quick that it feels like it is steering itself - If that makes sense.

The exhaust note is very nice but I am strongly considering an aftermarket exhaust.

I think I remember your name from the E90 Forum.

Dave
Haha nice, yup E90post. I'm looking to get an 08 cs in white on blk or grey, man it's hard to find!

Hopefully, I can join P-Car club soon! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Welcome & enjoy! break-in period may be painful but well worth it.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Nice car, enjoy the many great rides. It always surprises me how porsche can keep coming up with original, but great looking wheels. I must admit I would struggle with the break in period, way to impatient. Have fun.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts