Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As some of you may know, I have been looking for a Cayman, finally finding one which I purchased on Wednesday. Some wanted pics, so included them here. Gave the car a quick wash, but did not detail anything.

It is a 2007 Cayman S 6 speed In Meteor Gray. Put in service June 2007. One owner car. 7,500 miles.

OPTIONS:
Leather Interior
Black/Stone Grey Two Tone Interior
Spoiler lips Aluminum Look
Bi-Xenon Headlamp Package
Sport Exhaust System
Heated Front Seats
19" Carrera S Wheel
Wheel Caps with Colored Crest
Automatic Climate Control
Sport Chrono Package W/Out PCM
BOSE Surround Sound-System
Floor Mats in Interior Color

I did not really need the S model, nor did I need or even want to pay for some options on this car, but the overall condition, mileage, and price made it impossible to ignore. And I don't object to the other options either.

Car had two warranty claims, one being a clutch slave cylinder. Sold at one dealership, serviced at another, both local, the latter just 15 minutes from my house.

The car also has a clear plastic bra on the front, halfway up the fenders and hood. The car truly is defect free, not a nick anywhere, until like an idiot, I dropped the spare key when putting stuff in the passenger side and put a tiny nick on the door sill ( see pic). Still sick over this. The interior is as flawless as the outside. The dealer checked it out, and said it was in amazingly good condition and all was OK on the pre-purchase inspection. The DME report indicated a single ignition firing in all six ranges, which the tech deemed impossible and an error. The service manager said there is nothing about the car that would deny any warranty claim. Tires have virtually no wear, the front brakes are at 80% and the rears at 90%.

It drives and performs beautifully, sounding exotic and feels like the well engineered machine that it is. The power of the 3.4 IS welcome. I drove the 2.7 and 2.9 and these are fine, but the 3.4 moves the car effortlessly without much regard to rpm yet does not feel overpowered.

I knew the ride would be rough, but am getting used to it. California has the worst roads in the nation, and our bay area is second worst in CA, and the Cayman does not let me forget that. Regardless, I am thrilled to have this car. My B-day was just some days ago, the car being my present. I was counting on getting a car that was not so flawless, so any new chips, etc. would not bother me, but this car is so perfect, the stupid nick I put in it really eats away at me. Still, trying to just enjoy the car (easy to do) and try fixing my dumb mistake later on.

Thanks to everyone here who put up with my incessant posts on buying a Cayman. I am very happy with my purchase and glad to be amongst other Cayman owners.

- Phil

·
Registered
74 Posts
Nice color. I had a year with mine on Thursday and :banana:everyday and it is so much better than I ever inagined.:cheers:eek:n your new ride!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Phil,

That is an awesome looking car! You have done a lot of research and found exactly what you were looking for.

Congratulations and happy birthday,

Tamas

·
Registered
463 Posts
Beautiful color combo Phil. Love the interior. That nick will take you about 15 minutes to make disappear. 2-3 very light touch ups and some polish compounding and you'll never see it. Enjoy the car and Happy B'day.

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Congrats on the new car. You have some features I wish mine had.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Phil - It look like mint. That two tone interior is beautiful. I'm in the beginning stage of shopping for something similar. Can you share with us how much you were able to get it for?

·
Registered
149 Posts
The meteor gray exterior is gorgeous, and the two tone interior really opens up the cabin vs the claustrophobic monotone black. Very, very nice color combination, and a very nice find. Cheers & Enjoy!! Dave

·
Registered
65 Posts
Congratulations! That's a gerat looking Cayman.
I, also, like the 2 tone interior, it really does break-up the monotone black. I especially like the grey carpet, it doesn't make the footwells look like dark holes.
All in all, very nice!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Congratulations, great color and I really like the two-tone interior. Nice set of options as well.
Now get out there and drive!
BW

·
Registered
126 Posts
Congratulations! I'm happy for you. What kind of car is it?

A little welding work and a few well placed hammer blows should take out that key dent....or you could just replace the door.

·
Registered
47 Posts
congrats PSM3, you've done your research and everything worked out for you in the end. have fun with it in good health! loving the color choice.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts