Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally pulled the trigger. Got a new Yellow Cayman S. It is a 2014 model, but new. Pretty good discount so could not pass it up.

Racing Yellow w/ black interior. Manual Transmission. My requirements were MT and Black interior. Was thinking of White or Gray. After seeing the White, Gray, Red, and Yellow side by side, Yellow was a winner for me.

Options are:

Premium Package i.c.w. Power Sport Seats (14-way)
Infotainment Package with BOSE® Surround Sound System
Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)

Sport Chrono Package i.c.w.
Sport Exhaust System Exclusive
20" Carrera S Wheels
Wheel Center Caps with Colored Porsche Crest

Steering Wheel Heating
Seat Ventilation
Multifunction Steering Wheel
Power Sport Seats (14-way) with Memory Package

-------
What's next!

1) Figure out what the 856 buttons do. ;)
2) Tint.
3) Plasticity the jewelry. Done this on a bunch of cars. Looks sharp, super cheap, and can easily undo.
4) I wan't black wheels. May have these painted or powder-coated. Will look into other options. Black with Yellow accents would be nice.
5) I saw the matching yellow interior trim pieces. Something to consider, but probably down the road.

And that is it. No other mods.

----
Only put a few miles on it so far. Loving the car (* except those cup holders!).

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
... My requirements were MT and Black interior ...
A man of discriminating taste; props and enjoy your driving & tinkering!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Nice car.
In my mind the 6MT, Sport Chrono, and Sport Exhaust make the car. All the rest is fluff.
Enjoy!

Reactions: joey c

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would have never sprung for the Sports Exhaust, but after having it, I would never buy a Porsche without it.

I am loving "all that fluff" though. Even though I am in Houston, the weather has been cold last few days. That heated steering wheel is great! Am absolutely loving the car. As with all good things in life, they just come along out of the blue. This Cayman is exactly me. Just been sitting on the lot waiting for me.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I also placed my order recently (two weeks ago) and am trying to figure out what my first steps are going to be. I think tint and a clearbra on the front bumper are going to be the first two things. The front bumpers on my previous automobiles always got nasty looking from road debris and rock chips and I'm hoping to avoid that on the new car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts