Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Wow, how much could they revise in one minute?

·
Administrator
34,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, how much could they revise in one minute?
I added a thumbnail image to the file listing so whenever I do that it updates the file broadcast message here in the forum.

Ok, now everyone get to reading!!! :)

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Cool and sir, yes sir!

Sadly, entries like this are needed for a fraction of the readership:

<facepalm>

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Whew I'm glad they included that warning otherwise we could have a lot of posts here from owners asking if breathing the GT4 exhaust is healthier than say a base Boxster exhaust. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
In before:

AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs said:
"... I huffed base Boxster fumes and was totally satisfied ..."

·
Registered
290 Posts
Disappointed that they waited all the way to page 3 before talking about "Driving on racing circuit" :)

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
I don't intend to offend you, Ken, but why would one use a User Manual when we have Good To Know App?

I find it much easier to search and read.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Good to know app isn't available for PCs is it?

·
Registered
2,911 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Disappointed that they waited all the way to page 3 before talking about "Driving on racing circuit" :)
I remember the manual for my Lancer Evolution VIII MR had a section fairly early in about maximum jump height.

·
Administrator
34,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't intend to offend you, Ken, but why would one use a User Manual when we have Good To Know App?

I find it much easier to search and read.
Because a PDF file is far more portable than a single app, the file can be read on just about any device and can even be printed should you wish to have time enough to read the whole thing without your ipad battery failing you... :p

Or let's say you are outside wireless coverage range when your GT4 has a problem, you can't simply open your app and download the relevant page because there is no service, you can, however, open up the complete PDF file if resident on your device, or grab the copy you printed from the PDF file from the back seat. Oh wait, no back seat... ummmm glove box.. yeah that's the ticket!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thanks for uploading this!

Question: What is the "roll mode" that page 113 refers to? I don't see it referenced anywhere else in the manual. Apparently it illuminates the ABS and skidding car telltales.
RollMode.png
My best guess is that this is leftover from maybe the Cayenne that offers a different ABS calibration in an off road setting.

I'm amazed how much Porsche stuffed into the small multi function display area. I've seen the power/torque graphs in videos before and assume this is new to the GT4 but am not sure. What about the circuits/race mode for TPMS, and the gearshift assistant?
PowerTorque.png GearshiftAssistant.png PowerTorque.png TPMSRace.png

I learned quite a few random things, like using two wheel assembly aids for cars with PCCB....
PCCBAssemblyAids.png

·
Registered
948 Posts
I believe roll mode is when your are on an incline and the car senses that you could roll backwards and initiates the ebrake preventing it from rolling backwards. The ebrake is configured to release automatically when the engine in operating, you are in gear, (and I think seat belt on), and you begin to accelerate.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I believe roll mode is when your are on an incline and the car senses that you could roll backwards and initiates the ebrake preventing it from rolling backwards. The ebrake is configured to release automatically when the engine in operating, you are in gear, (and I think seat belt on), and you begin to accelerate.
I'm pretty sure what you describe is the hill hold or hill start assist feature, which is the green "HOLD" indicator, isn't it? Of course, that isn't explained in the manual either :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Anyone know what the snow chain wheels referred to here are? I expected them to be the more mainstream 20" wheels, but they appear to be unique sizes/offsets.
Snow.png

Is it typical for Porsche to include alignment recommendations in the manual?
Alignment.png
Interesting that they don't list caster though.
Note that they also mention that the adjustable bars need to be in the standard setting for public road driving :)

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Is it typical for Porsche to include alignment recommendations in the manual?
View attachment 60590
Interesting that they don't list caster though.
Note that they also mention that the adjustable bars need to be in the standard setting for public road driving :)
Don't think that's a normal practice to include alignment specs. I don't think casters are adjustable on these cars though. I could be wrong of course.

I would have thought the GT4 would run closer to -1.5 in camber. But Oh well, they managed to get through the track properly at -1.3 then I guess it's good enough lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts