Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Thank you very much Ken!

We do have a good number of classic 911 owners who will be thrilled to contribute here and share their unique experiences that we can only lust for.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Hassaan wanted a new forum for the discussion of classic 911 models, so here it is! I am going to leave it up to him to move relevant topics to this forum. Post away!
Please move the thread I started recently, "More Bluishness; Guess I Have to Start Hanging Out in this Forum Too", here as it relates to a 1988 911.

Also, what's the definition of "911 Classics", anything prior to 991 or only air-cooled or, per the Porsche Classic parts program, 986/996 or older? Also, I see a 912 thread (which I think would fit with 911s) and a 944 thread that would not fit here unless this becomes "Porsche Classics" rather than "911 classics".

Anyway thank you for the new forum.

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Please move the thread I started recently, "More Bluishness; Guess I Have to Start Hanging Out in this Forum Too", here as it relates to a 1988 911.

Also, what's the definition of "911 Classics", anything prior to 991 or only air-cooled or, per the Porsche Classic parts program, 986/996 or older? Also, I see a 912 thread (which I think would fit with 911s) and a 944 thread that would not fit here unless this becomes "Porsche Classics" rather than "911 classics".

Anyway thank you for the new forum.
Hassaan will move the thread and I will leave what models you want to cover up to all of you.

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Just moved the thread. And moved earlier all Porsche classic threads I could find. It won't be limited to 911 air cooled but all Porsche air cooled.

I'd be grateful Ken to rename the sub forum to Porsche Classics instead.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Just moved the thread. And moved earlier all Porsche classic threads I could find. It won't be limited to 911 air cooled but all Porsche air cooled.

Thank you for moving the thread.

So, race cars aside, the air/oil-cooled Porsches would include 356, 911 (901, 930, 964, 993), 912, 914, and 916.

The front-engined classics (924, 928, 944 and 968) are, BTW, all water-cooled but should be included as well unless someone wants to start a forum for those.

Did I miss any?

Thank you,

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Ok you know if I rename it that then it CANNOT live here in the 911 forums, PLUS it would simply duplicate a forum we already have for Motorsports and Past Models

1 - 7 of 7 Posts