Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
34,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.planet-9.com/gallery/files/3/coal2.png In a stunning break-through today Porsche announced a new fuel source for future Porsche sports cars. While many had suspected it would involve some new battery or hybrid propulsion model the secret power source has been revealed to be none other than coal. So fond of coal is Porsche that it will providing one lump FREE to all of its current owners this year during the holiday season in the hope that existing owners will upgrade to future Porsche models powered by the miracle substance. At the very least owners can get together at their next club meeting and combine their lumps of coal from Porsche to create a large BBQ pit.

In related news many club members expressed dismay that they would not be receiving their favorite annual club member calendar with pictures of their own cars because Porsche was sending them lumps of coal instead. "It's hard to hang coal on the wall" said one member. Another member reported that they had broken their Porsche Coal Lump (or PCL using the Porsche fondness for acronyms) into 12 smaller lumps and was going to use them as a desk calendar instead.

What are you doing with your PCL this season? Please reply to this topic and let us know! :thanks:

(For those who may not have been following the site closely, please take a look at last month's news item: http://www.planet-9.com/news-items/90528-2014-planet-9-calendars-now-available.html wherein we discuss how Porsche has decided to use US trademark law in an offensive fashion to claim that our member calendar might somehow be confused with an official Porsche calendar and thus cannot be sold. While we believe that we are in the right and are not violating Porsche's trademarks and that a court would ultimately hold in our favor, we do not have 10's of thousands of dollars to get a federal court judge to issue a ruling on the matter so that we can continue to sell calendars as a fund raiser for our annual photo contest. What we can do, however, is poke fun at Porsche, hence the new PCL story above, and we can also voice our displeasure to Porsche over coming down on our member's and their photos/calendar in such a hard fashion by refusing to buy future Porsches. Let your voice be heard and respond to this topic thread and perhaps we can send your responses off to some of the automotive journalists to cover this story more broadly.)

Happy Holidays and Enjoy your PCL from Porsche! :hilarious:

PS. Yes TODAY is my Birthday, but please don't get me any Porsche related items, I've already got my PCL. Instead, please get me one of these instead!
Iron Man Factory » Maintenance Mode

·
Registered
243 Posts
PS. Yes TODAY is my Birthday, but please don't get me any Porsche related items, I've already got my PCL. Instead, please get me one of these instead!
kman, first of all my best wishes for your bday!

and second... please tell me you're joking with the link above :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Iron Man Mark III Armored Suit
We are currently discussing with Marvel on licensing.

After the whole trademark issue for the calendar, are you asking for another item not licensed?? :taunt:

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Happy birthday Ken! Thanks for this site. It was either this or a shrinks couch!

·
Administrator
34,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kman, first of all my best wishes for your bday!

and second... please tell me you're joking with the link above :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Iron Man Mark III Armored Suit
We are currently discussing with Marvel on licensing.

After the whole trademark issue for the calendar, are you asking for another item not licensed?? :taunt:
I see the irony is not lost on you, Kudos!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Ah,

Does that mean Porsche learned about the calendar by viewing this site? Or were they consulted by the publishers?

Shame on them for being so pedantic with a site that supports their brand so well.

Well that does it, I'm definitely not going to buy a 918 from them now. :hilarious:

Happy B'Day

:cheers:

·
Registered
906 Posts
Porsche's lunacy in this calendar issue scares me. I wish lawyers would stop interfering with my choices. Reminds me of Goodyear trying to stop model makers from including their tire markings in kits. Why wouldn't a company want to get their name to the public? How many "official" Porsche calendars do they sell for $45.00? FYI, the 2014 version has only 1 Cayman S, no Boxsters. :(

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'll hold off on PLC until they further develop it into PLCP (premium), thanks though. :taunt:

I think Porsche is being very uptight. Well, the calendar inventory is probably abundant. You may give them away to members as a thank you for donating to the site.

·
Registered
926 Posts
http://www.planet-9.com/gallery/files/3/coal2.png In a stunning break-through today Porsche announced a new fuel source for future Porsche sports cars. While many had suspected it would involve some new battery or hybrid propulsion model the secret power source has been revealed to be none other than coal. So fond of coal is Porsche that it will providing one lump FREE to all of its current owners this year during the holiday season in the hope that existing owners will upgrade to future Porsche models powered by the miracle substance. At the very least owners can get together at their next club meeting and combine their lumps of coal from Porsche to create a large BBQ pit.

In related news many club members expressed dismay that they would not be receiving their favorite annual club member calendar with pictures of their own cars because Porsche was sending them lumps of coal instead. "It's hard to hang coal on the wall" said one member. Another member reported that they had broken their Porsche Coal Lump (or PCL using the Porsche fondness for acronyms) into 12 smaller lumps and was going to use them as a desk calendar instead.

What are you doing with your PCL this season? Please reply to this topic and let us know! :thanks:

(For those who may not have been following the site closely, please take a look at last month's news item: http://www.planet-9.com/news-items/90528-2014-planet-9-calendars-now-available.html wherein we discuss how Porsche has decided to use US trademark law in an offensive fashion to claim that our member calendar might somehow be confused with an official Porsche calendar and thus cannot be sold. While we believe that we are in the right and are not violating Porsche's trademarks and that a court would ultimately hold in our favor, we do not have 10's of thousands of dollars to get a federal court judge to issue a ruling on the matter so that we can continue to sell calendars as a fund raiser for our annual photo contest. What we can do, however, is poke fun at Porsche, hence the new PCL story above, and we can also voice our displeasure to Porsche over coming down on our member's and their photos/calendar in such a hard fashion by refusing to buy future Porsches. Let your voice be heard and respond to this topic thread and perhaps we can send your responses off to some of the automotive journalists to cover this story more broadly.)

Happy Holidays and Enjoy your PCL from Porsche! :hilarious:

LOL Funny!

And, with such wit you've built a wonderful platform in Planet-9 attracting the most interesting and vocal Porsche people. I think that makes you what Malcolm Gladwell calls an "Influencer". I believe he said Influencers were kinda important to the success of a business. Porsche should send the corporate jet to get you so the CEO can personally appologize to you for taking it a bit too far.

Matt

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
LOL Funny!

And, with such wit you've built a wonderful platform in Planet-9 attracting the most interesting and vocal Porsche people. I think that makes you what Malcolm Gladwell calls an "Influencer". I believe he said Influencers were kinda important to the success of a business. Porsche should send the corporate jet to get you so the CEO can personally appologize to you for taking it a bit too far.

Matt
Seriously, this is over the top even for Porsche. Sounds like they have too many folks in the legal dept with time on their hands!

Merry Christmas anyway.

Paul

:burnout:

·
Premium Member
3,483 Posts
Any way we could send actual lumps of coal to PCNA? I think that would rock!

Get it?

Rock?

:cheers:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts