Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Vendor
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

OK I know I have been here before. We have been selling the heck out of our 987 splitter/spoiler but up until now we have been unsuccessful in creating one I am happy with for the 981. Our first generation front splitter/spoiler for the 981 Cayman and Boxster S just didn't fit well and we scrapped that design. Working with my partner Sal we have come up with a new design and he has been working hard to make the first prototype. We will be ready to do a trial fit in the next couple of weeks.

Because I have personally destroyed way to many front splitters in the past I have insisted that this splitter be a urethane product that will flex upon impact. To that end we have been working with our German producer of our 987 splitter. You may remember that our 987 splitter is manufactured in Germany to the same specifications as the GT3 Cup splitter and is just modified to fit the 987. Our new 981 splitter is also based on the GT3 Cup splitter but is modified to fit the unusual contours of the 981 "S" front bumper. We have produced a black FRP filler panel and modified the Cup splitter to fit.

IT LOOKS REALLY GREAT BUT NOW WE NEED A TEST CAR TO DO A FINAL FIT. IF YOU LIVE NEAR JUPITER OR DERAY BEACH, FLORIDA AND ARE WILLING TO HELP US WE WILL LET YOU HAVE THE PRODUCT FOR FREE. IT WILL PROBABLY TAKE TWO FITMENTS TO FINALIZE.

Can you help us out. I have included a couple of pictures of our 987 part and out new GT4 wing. I look forward to hearing from you.

Jon May
Composite Concepts
[email protected]
954 931 0319

1 - 3 of 3 Posts