Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with the new HANS sliding tether with Quick Disconnect (QD), especially in comparison to a sliding tether with standard posts? In particular, any impressions/concerns about the tradeoffs between the QD flexibility and the reliability of the QD mechanism? Are the QD tethers sanctioned for use in professional sports car series such as ALMS and Grand-AM?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have been using the HANS sliding teather with the quick disconnect for about 17 track days. The current QD, which is mounted to the helmet as opossed to mid teather is great and allows for removal of the helmet quickly and while still in the car (I am about as large a guy as can fit in a Cayman with GT3 seats.) As to the quality iof the QD, aircraft grade!

·
Tennessee Vol
649 Posts
Anyone have any experience with the new HANS sliding tether with Quick Disconnect (QD), especially in comparison to a sliding tether with standard posts? In particular, any impressions/concerns about the tradeoffs between the QD flexibility and the reliability of the QD mechanism? Are the QD tethers sanctioned for use in professional sports car series such as ALMS and Grand-AM?
Started using the QD last fall. While I cannot compare to other systems it works well for me. Not sure but seem to recall seeing the QD on some of the ALMS/Grand-AM guys. Will look tonight - - the Homestead Grand Am race is on Speed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.