Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I am new to the porsche community personally, but have worked on a few here and there. ('74 914 in mint condition - helped restore, '07 911 turbo - 720 awhp and a lot of anti-lag)
But I have to say I dont have much experience with their interriors.

Anywho, I have purchased a 2006 Cayman S in cobalt blue metallic with most of the options I cared about.

I am driving 4 hours tomorrow to exchange the vehicle for my current daily (2010 GTI autobahn) as I was unable to take delivery when I drove up to see it the first time. (obtaining the vehicle from the Toy Barn in Dublin, OH).

What I DID notice when test driving the vehicle is that I sat rather high when in the passenger seat. I could get it to go up and down, but it did stopped about 1.5" higher off the floor than the lowest setting on the drivers seat.

Is this normal? Or do I need to take that ratchet mechanism off and apart and see if any of the gear teeth are broken ?(I know it was a common issue on 1st gen mini coopers)

Worst comes to worst I was hoping someone could at least tell me if their seats both went down all the way of if the passenger seat stopping a little higher is normal?

Thanks in advance!

-Brad

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not sure what they are called? You are more than welcome to inform me though! haha! (need to learn the lingo)

hopefully a picture helps. They are heated if that matters, and the only power is the back tilt.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
I think you've done all you can - congrats and enjoy the beast! Jeff

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have a 06CS with power seats. The other day I was driving with a friend of mine and he noticed that seating in the passenger seat he could not lower it to the height I had my seat at.

·
PCA Member and DE Instructor
3,107 Posts
I know when I had my 09 there were electronics under the passenger seat and not under the driver's seat. That limited travel. HTH Not sure if the same on the 987.1, but should be easy enough to bend over and have a look see.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the help everyone!
I'll take a closer look tomorrow, but it is at least good to know that it seems to be common.

If I want to go lower (or need to rather) I guess I can just put in some buckets :p

obligatory picture.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Great looking car! My first cayman had carrera sports as well. They really look gook on the cayman.

I also like the silver lip on a cobalt blue car. I have no idea why porsche put the same silver lip on every cayman in 06, but I think it fits the blue (and silver of course).

Enjoy the car!

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
They used to put fixed spacers under the seats that could be removed, but not sure about yours. Sterotyping, women are typically shorter and typically rode shotgun while her guy drove. Not trying to be sexist here, just telling you what used to be the case...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts