Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm new at Porsche since yesterday I bought my first Porsche. A black on black 2007 Cayman S. The thing is I know nothing about modifications to this car and I'm hoping you guys can help me. Sooner or later I will like to start playing with the car and interested in Exhaust, Intake and those kind of stuff. Can you guys tell me what can be done to this cars and the differences the modifications make to the car. I will really appreciate it. Thanks.

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,645 Posts
Lots of great articles on all kinds of mods. Search for threads on stuff you are interested in. Ton's of good stuff here

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
Welcome PR-S! :cheers:

First you might want to take some time to get to know your car better - take some time to read the Owners manual, and browse thru the FAQ on this website; you'll find Porsches have a lot of little idiosyncrasies compared to other cars.

Next spend some time looking through the threads on the Cayman/Boxster Modifications Forum, especially some of the longer threads on exhausts, plenums, etc. for some ideas of what's being done. Also, as diverdog suggested, check out the Articles for the DIY modifications that people have done on the Cayman and Boxster.

I don't mean to sound like I'm cutting you off without answering your question specifically, but you ask such a broad question that it's going to be hard to give you a meaningful answer. If your interest is primarily increasing power, then your options range from simple DME (ECU) reprogramming, to plenums and exhausts options, to adding a turbo kit. A lot of it depends on your goals, budget, mechanical aptitude, etc. I'll leave it to others to contribute their advice/opinions, but I would recommend doing a little research first.

Finally, remember that the Search tool is your friend! ;)

·
Premium Member
1,614 Posts
First of all congratulations! :dance:Go out and enjoy your car!:D

A couple of questions. How long do you plan to keep your car? Will you track your car? Once we know your plans is a lot easier to help you with your questions?

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
First of all, congrats on the new car. I am sure you will love it as much as I do. I have left mine completely stock except for adding an FM modulator so I can listen to my iPod when I want. I am very happy with the performance of my car as it is. I have some little items that have creeped up (little squeaks and rattles in the cabin, driving lights out, and water getting into the driver side door), but those have all been fixed under warranty.

I say this as a way to say that I am not sure that this car needs any modifications if you are going to use it as a daily driver. There is more than enough power for anything you might come across on your daily drive. The brakes are incredible, the steering phenomenal and the power and torque are intoxicating. I enjoy mine and so does Mrs. GM3.

Now if you are going to autoX or track your car, then I can se where you might want to add some power and such, but really, his car is awesome as is.

Anyway, welcome to the site and congrats again on the new car.

Whatever you do, wherever you go, ..................enjoy the drive.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
PR-S welcome to the dark side. I too bought my first Porsche, a 07 CS a couple months ago and absolutely loving the experience as I am sure you will too. Congrats.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, I'm not too much into autocross or track. I just want some basic mods. But I'm glad you help me and very happy with the car. It's just amazing !

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Thanks guys, I'm not too much into autocross or track. I just want some basic mods. But I'm glad you help me and very happy with the car. It's just amazing !
Like everyone said just go out and enjoy the car first. I had my car stock for 1.5 years before I decided to change things up.

But generally speaking the mod that will probably give you the most satisfaction is the exhaust. It'll increase your performance as well as give you new satisfaction from the wonderful sound it generates. So most likely start there. There are numerous threads on which exhaust is the best so take the time to read all of them before you pull the trigger. =)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts