Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

New Jaguar 2011 XJL vs. Panamera

8K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  K-Man S 
#1 ·
Saw the new Jag at the dealership today parked next to a Panamera. That Jag is a BIG car and the average sticker should be about $15K less than a 4s.

See less See more
#2 ·
Oh my goodness the rear end looks more like a bloated Lincoln Continental. The front end looks like a Lexus. Super chunky. The triangle windows reminds me of the Prius. Where is that Jaguar styling?

#3 ·
I was able to sit in one of these at the dealership for an extended period earlier this week. The interior of the Jag just blows me away, especially for the $80K price range. I thought the Panamera was very nice until I saw this. It was exceptional.

It's loaded with leather, wood and high quality switchgear. The main instrument gauge pod (tach, speedo, etc) is a 12 inch wide LCD panel. No analog gauges!

I look forward to seeing more driving reviews of the XJ and I hope this car helps boost the marque here in the U.S.

#4 ·
I drove one and it is more subdued than either the XK or XF, and I just drove the extended length XJ-L which you can play tennis inside of in the back seat. Yeah for $80K it blows away any other car on the market in terms of interior style, materials, comfort, etc. As far as driving it, if I wanted an ultra smooth sedan with tons of creature comforts this would undoubtedly be it. Acceleration was good, handling was fine for a car of its size (I wasn't expecting sports car on rails), and I was very impressed with the brakes, surprisingly good, perhaps better than the Panamera's even or at least on par.

I'm waiting to drive the XFR and XKR next to compare.

Did you see that for 2011 models Jaguar is upping their warrant to 5 years 50,000 miles PLUS THEY COVER ALL WEAR AND TEAR ITEMS! Chew up your brake pads? No problem, here's a new set. Rotors shot? How about 4 new ones at no charge? Wiper blades? Wouldn't think of you spending a dime on them, new ones are free. I'm having a hard time trying to think of why NOT to buy a Jaguar. Have you seen the new red interior for the XFR only? I was thinking white (porcelain) exterior with red interior would be HOT! :)

I took a bunch of pics, they are on my iphone, I'll have to dump them of and add them.

#5 ·
Looks like Jag is doing what Audi was doing back in 1998 when I got my first A4. Very reasonable pricing for what you get and all inclusive maintenance.

Audi was doing this to rebuild market share. Now 12 years later, I see them everywhere!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.