Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired a 2013 981 Boxster in mid-December. I will not bore you with my history, but long story short I have always loved Porsches.

I was eyeing a particular color combo and spec after seeing one a number of years ago and would periodically browse Autotrader to see what was out there. I stumbled across my dream combo in November 2022 and spent many an evening just looking at it. I told my wife when I got back from my business trip in Decemberr that I was going to look at it. To her credit she said, "Are you "asking me" or "telling me". I said....the latter.

I knew that this combo does not come up for sale often across the US and after deliberating (internally for over 6 weeks) I pulled the trigger. I've been a member of a number of car forums (with all of my previous cars, to include a LS1 powered 240z) and hope to be an active contributor here.

Attachments

· Administrator
2,202 Posts
Welcome to Planet-9, the Friendly Porsche Forum!

Awsome color combo! Love the red top. Wish my Carrara White 987 Boxster had that instead of blue (which usually just looks like black..)

· Registered
181 Posts
I recently acquired a 2013 981 Boxster in mid-December. I will not bore you with my history, but long story short I have always loved Porsches.

I was eyeing a particular color combo and spec after seeing one a number of years ago and would periodically browse Autotrader to see what was out there. I stumbled across my dream combo in November 2022 and spent many an evening just looking at it. I told my wife when I got back from my business trip in Decemberr that I was going to look at it. To her credit she said, "Are you "asking me" or "telling me". I said....the latter.

I knew that this combo does not come up for sale often across the US and after deliberating (internally for over 6 weeks) I pulled the trigger. I've been a member of a number of car forums (with all of my previous cars, to include a LS1 powered 240z) and hope to be an active contributor here.
Welcome! That's a great car in an absolutely classic color scheme - enjoy it in good health!

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all very much. When I went to test drive the car I was hoping to find some flaw, some reason not to buy it (have always been "frugal" when it comes to cars). I was meeting my hero and was secretly hoping to be disappointed in a sense, but as soon as I left the dealer's lot (Irvine Porsche) I knew I was in trouble. I did go prepared to buy the car though. Come to find out, the car had AWE Tuning exhaust which probably helped

@deilenberger, that is my absolute favorite (white on red) but the silver is a very close second.

Both this forum and Rennlist have been amazing. I've already made a few purchases based on my research: custom lift pucks sold by a member at Rennlist, frunk liner from "HD", Porsche all weather floor mats (I put these in all my cars regardless), and just today Zunsport front grilles came by FedEx (quoted price on their website is SHIPPED using FedEx from Great Britain).

Here's to many years of happy motoring.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts