Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I hope to be entering the Cayman S club very shortly...I am waiting for my 99 BMW M Coupe ( with euro engine swap ) to sell and I will be getting a Cayman S as soon as I can.

That being said my eyes are hurting from reading all of the threads about oil starvation and IMS failures....I thought Porsches were better than BMW's:taunt:

(im)patiently waiting for my P car.

-Ed

·
Registered
317 Posts
....I thought Porsches were better than BMW's:taunt:

-Ed
Nice, He comes out slingin barbs :crazy: Just jokin

Welcome to our happy little home. If you step over to the table there is a nice pitcher of Kool-Aid. :beer: Take a drink and you will see that Porsche's ARE better than BMW's

Where are you located? Join a region and have some fun!

Which P car are you waiting for? Wait..wait.. don't tell me....a Cayman S? ( i re read your post after I posted and I realized that you told us a CS..never mind)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice, He comes out slingin barbs :crazy: Just jokin

Welcome to our happy little home. If you step over to the table there is a nice pitcher of Kool-Aid. :beer: Take a drink and you will see that Porsche's ARE better than BMW's

Where are you located? Join a region and have some fun!

Which P car are you waiting for? Wait..wait.. don't tell me....a Cayman S? ( i re read your post after I posted and I realized that you told us a CS..never mind)
I am in Maryland. I will join a region asap! I actually cant wait to be out of a BMW and into a Porsche. It's been a long time coming.

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts
Good to hear you are getting rid of an ugly car and buying a beautiful car. Back at ya :taunt:

·
Premium Member
3,809 Posts
. . . That being said my eyes are hurting from reading all of the threads about oil starvation and IMS failures....I thought Porsches were better than BMW's:taunt:
Welcome! :cheers:

Just to set the record straight: Oil starvation/ingestion is essentially just a track problem with the Gen 1 engines (and even then, you have to be pushing it pretty hard on R-comps), and I think IMS failures are very rare with the 987 engines.

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
I hope to be entering the Cayman S club very shortly...I am waiting for my 99 BMW M Coupe ( with euro engine swap ) to sell and I will be getting a Cayman S as soon as I can.

That being said my eyes are hurting from reading all of the threads about oil starvation and IMS failures....I thought Porsches were better than BMW's:taunt:

-Ed
Welcome to the site. Why did you swap in the euro engine and how much did that set you back??? What are you trying to sell the M Coupe for? I may know someone who is interested depending upon condition/price/etc. Not a huge market for those cars I'm afraid....

·
Registered
463 Posts
Maybe not a huge market now but they are fast becoming cult cars because of their relatively low production #'s and unique look and will be highly sought after down the road. Very unique cars but you just can't keep every toy. Good luck with your new car. You'll love it and owning a Porsche.

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Welcome to the site. Good luck with the sale and buying your new Cayman.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome to the site. Why did you swap in the euro engine and how much did that set you back??? What are you trying to sell the M Coupe for? I may know someone who is interested depending upon condition/price/etc. Not a huge market for those cars I'm afraid....
I swapped out the motor to get the 80hp I was missing in the US motor...

here is a link to the autotrader listing
Cars for Sale: 1999 BMW M Coupe in BALTIMORE , MD 21211: Hatchback Details - 275565721 - AutoTrader.com

Hope to be posting pics of my new P car soon!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome! :cheers:

Just to set the record straight: Oil starvation/ingestion is essentially just a track problem with the Gen 1 engines (and even then, you have to be pushing it pretty hard on R-comps), and I think IMS failures are very rare with the 987 engines.
Thanks! I started to get the gist of it after reading everything I could find. I'm not too worried because I will only be seeing 4-6 track days a year on a good year and those will be on street tires.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts