Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
981S Manual
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
Long time lurker, first time P car owner. Picked up a stripper manual 981 S. Goal is to daily it, track it and in general have fun with it! I make DIY videos so this will come in handy with all the work I have planned for it. Already ordered x73, exhaust and have Sport Chrono coming so I can do a retrofit (yes - I will cut into the dash
).
My other cars are a manual 2017 M3 comp and an 18k mile e39.

I am looking for used track wheels so if anyone has a set please let me know.

I am also looking to downsize to 19 inch wheels. Anyone has a set? Or...what’s a popular setup to run?

Thanks for allowing me this introduction and I look forward to being part of this community!

below are some photos. I already started working on modifying it slightly /:)

1907A069-22FF-4C70-A8CC-E9FF48CFCEA4.jpeg
91197073-61D4-4995-920A-0F61B83C836E.jpeg
A1509448-DD23-434C-8F9B-DF1D38C102CB.jpeg

5665F05E-3BB3-4306-B9A3-343D6EBC033B.jpeg

only 18k miles. But will go on BaT soon

1A3B0392-020F-4F67-AEFB-61A5D39CEE9B.jpeg

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Congratulations!

Just one point to think over and maybe save some money. Unless you are looking for next level of nannies-relaxation and automatic rev-match, think about what you will get with Sport Chrono while having an MT car. This is just my opinion, but I decided to not spend money on that when configuring my car because of very limited benefits to me.

Again, my opinion only, you will benefit multiple times more by retrofitting LSD (PTV option) than SC if you are going to track the car. Your M3 has it (LSD), your Cayman doesn't (unless equipped from factory with PTV).

Good luck!

·
Registered
981S Manual
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback. Honestly I like the way sport Chrono looks and that’s my main motivation :)

PTV is not necessary for me in this case. I think the electronic lsd should suffice. My main concerns are making her lower and faster :)

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
PTV is not necessary for me in this case. I think the electronic lsd should suffice. My main concerns are making her lower and faster :)
Watch out, I almost made the same mistake. I changed my order less than two weeks before production lockdown - thanks to my track buddy who reads fine print better than I do. If it is not fitted with PTV option, every 981 Boxster and Cayman has an open, non-locking differential - exception made for GT4/Spyder.

Just FYI.

·
Registered
981S Manual
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the heads up. I guess I’m not concerned with it since the idea is to hold the cayman only one season. I will do maybe 10 track days this year and decide afterwards. Even if it is underwhelming it will still give me a mid engine experience. And I won’t be doing any time trials. HPDE only.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts