Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this is my 3rd or 4th post.

I live in Southeast Georgia and just recently (October) acquired my first Porsche, an '06 with 30k on it. Got it from Hilton Head Porsche.

6 speed manual and am going to have the exhaust/IPD plenum/computer flash done sometime in the next two weeks at the dealership. I have no independent shops within a 100 miles. Just got to decide between the FabSpeed Maxflo or the FVD Brombacher Sound system. I narrowed it down to those 2 after much reading and consulting.

I am an old fart and have been working corners for SCCA since the '80s. Will be heading for Daytona in 3 weeks to work the Rolex24. It will be my Cayman's first trip to a track as I don't believe the lady who traded it in on a Macan probably went to many races.:)

Anyway, a few quick pictures of it:

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Welcome from another 'old' fart. On my second Cayman (regretted selling the first).

·
Registered
51 Posts
i, too, am a "mature" person and got a used 09 base with pdk. im loving it and its the same color as yours. welcome aboard. keep us informed on your daytona trip (my favorite place on the planet) and wher i go every may.fred from nashville

Attachments

·
Banned
92 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase! She looks stunning!

I see you are considering a maxflo system - you have a great taste :) let me know if you have any questions or if there is anything I can assist with. As always, Planet 9 members reciece special pricing on our entire product line, including the 987 maxflo system!

Good luck with the car, I hope to hear from you soon!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Hi from another 'mature' owner. Nice looking car and I love your registration.
I was waiting for someone to catch that.:)

I miss ALMS, Tudor (NASCAR) is screwing up big time.

BTW, my daughter is up in Metro Atlanta with her hubby and my grandson. She also thinks she is my mother.

She has no idea about this car and Friday will be the first time she sees it.:naughty:

She will probably have a fit and tell me I shouldn't be doing things like this.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i, too, am a "mature" person and got a used 09 base with pdk. im loving it and its the same color as yours. welcome aboard. keep us informed on your daytona trip (my favorite place on the planet) and wher i go every may.fred from nashville
I do a thread every year on another board on my Rolex24, Sebring 12 Hours, and Petit LeMans with pictures and all.

I like road course layout at Daytona, but my favorite track is Sebring. There is a mystique about that place.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Those Carrera Classic wheels on your silver CS is a beautiful combination. Congratulations.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Congrats on your S. It looks gorgeous. I just picked up my first Porsche on Saturday. It is a White 08 Cayman with 16k miles and a dark gray interior. I just ordered a black all-weather liner for the rear cargo area and black all-weather mats. That probably gives you an idea of the kind of racing I intend to do - to work, the bank and the grocery store and back.

By the way, is it pronounced Porsh-uhh or Porsh? I am assuming that squinting one eye and saying Porsh-ee right before I spit my chewing tobacco is not how Dr Porsche would have pronounced it.

73, Mike

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congrats on your S. It looks gorgeous. I just picked up my first Porsche on Saturday. It is a White 08 Cayman with 16k miles and a dark gray interior. I just ordered a black all-weather liner for the rear cargo area and black all-weather mats. That probably gives you an idea of the kind of racing I intend to do - to work, the bank and the grocery store and back.

By the way, is it pronounced Porsh-uhh or Porsh? I am assuming that squinting one eye and saying Porsh-ee right before I spit my chewing tobacco is not how Dr Porsche would have pronounced it.

73, Mike
I have always said "Porsc-uhh" and since the guys on the factory GTLM Porsche team that I have talked to say it that way, good enough for me.:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts