Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks. I am very happy to be back in the Porsche family. I purchased a new 2008 Cayman on Tuesday. Since it was a previously untitled 2008, I got a deep discount off sticker. It is Guards Red, Sand Beige Standard Leather, Preferred Package, Power Seats and 19” Carrera S wheels. The dealer gave me a Porsche CPO warranty so I have factory coverage for 4.5 years/100 K miles (since the clock on the 4-year/50 K warranty had started). They also gave me the Porsche rubber floor mats and a complete service prior to me picking up the car. It is my third Porsche the previous two being a 1984 911 and a 1990 C4. I've put about 300 miles on the car and I am impressed with the performance and initial build quality of my car.

I thought about an S model but I have several other toys including two 2009 Harley's, an Electra Glide Ultra Classic and a Screaming Eagle Dyna Fat Bob.

I also have a Ranger Z21 tournament bass boat with a 250 h.p. Yamaha V-Max HPDI.

So I am in no way lacking for toys.

I tow the boat with a 2007 Avalanche LT and my wife drives a 2009 BMW X3.

I look forward to this forum and getting to know my new Porsche here in Tennessee.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome. I also purchased a brand new 2008 Cayman (S) six months ago. Great discount, only 200 miles on the car, never titled, CPO warranty. Great car. I traded in my 99 Boxster.

This is a great site. Enjoy!

George

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Congrats on the car and welcome to the site. She sure looks good. Love the red!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hello, i just got into a 2010 boxster at a really good price!! I love this car, and only got less than 200 miles on this car. And already thinking about mod's but i want to see what the experience is after my break in period. this is my first porsche and i love the experience so far

·
Registered
241 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the club. Red is always a good choice in a sports car. My blue Cayman broke a string of three red cars--a coupe and two sports cars--over a ten year period.
Now get out there and enjoy the drive!
BW

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.