Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am having new Michelin ps2's 235/35/19n2 & 265/35/19n2 front & rear fitted to my Cayman s next week, the car is fitted with PASM can some kind person give me geo settings for fast road use please.

I do not track or auto test the car and it runs without any suspension modifications and i would like to keep it this way.

John

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
What do you mean by geo settings?

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Keep with factory settings to ensure the best life out of your tyres on the street. Changing camber for instance is only worthwhile if you are driving hard on the street and tracking the car relatively often.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I'd say go for the max -ve front camber you can get on stock. Mine got to -0.8. It wont hurt your tires and will slightly improve cornering!

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
I'd say go for the max -ve front camber you can get on stock. Mine got to -0.8. It wont hurt your tires and will slightly improve cornering!
Nitro, the problem with more negative camber is that you can put extra wear on the inside shoulders, especially if you spend all of your time on the highway. If you are tracking or driving hard on the street then it is worth it, but in this case the OP isn't it seems, so the standard settings will ensure the most out of the tyres.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
True, but -0.8 (and some people could get to -1.0) is too small to cause too much uneven wear. Of course if the OP really wont even be driving hard on the street then its meaningless!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the reply's so far

I have found these settings what do people think

Left Front : - 1.0 camber, 7.4 caster, .04 toe

Right Front: -1.0 camber, 7.6 caster, .04 toe

0.08 total toe, 0.00 steer ahead

Left Rear: -1.4 camber, 0.09 toe

Right Rear: -1.4 camber, 0.09 toe

0.18 total toe

0.00 thrust angle

The car does get very well driven by me on the back roads of rural Dorset ;)

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Thanks for the reply's so far

I have found these settings what do people think

Left Front : - 1.0 camber, 7.4 caster, .04 toe

Right Front: -1.0 camber, 7.6 caster, .04 toe

0.08 total toe, 0.00 steer ahead

Left Rear: -1.4 camber, 0.09 toe

Right Rear: -1.4 camber, 0.09 toe

0.18 total toe

0.00 thrust angle

The car does get very well driven by me on the back roads of rural Dorset ;)
those look like good settings for a track setup; I've got -1.0 (F) and -2.0 (R) zero toe in front and just a bit toe in rear and it handles great. Wear has been good, but if you're not tracking it, the -1.0 camber in front might be overkill. -.8 might be a better way to go for street car from a wear standpoint.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts